Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm on day four of driving my Bolt Premiere and I love it. Problem arose today and I can't figure it out:

Normally as soon as I plug in my iPhone 6s, it starts CarPlay and goes to whatever I was listening to last. Today, it connected, but as an iPod. And the phone functionality didn't work. So I did the usual - restarted everything. After a few more restarts, voila, CarPlay again.

Until a few hours later, and it went back to iPod mode.

Anyone else find this to be the case? I'll try again tomorrow with a different lightning to USB cord but I'm skeptical that'll work.

CarPlay is so awesome, I really want it to be automatic and am bummed it's not working as advertised.

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Do you have any other devices connecting via USB or via Bluetooth? What version of the OS are you running? I also have an iPhone 6s and I'm running 10.3.1 and I don't have any of the same issues.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We just had the infotainment screen swapped out because it was freezing so often. The new screen has this same issue:. The phone connects ads an iPod and Apple Care Play will not come up.

No idea what to do.

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
We just had the infotainment screen swapped out because it was freezing so often. The new screen has this same issue:. The phone connects ads an iPod and Apple Care Play will not come up.

No idea what to do.
Welcome to the forum. I've never (okay, maybe once) hooked up a phone to my Bolt via USB as I don't have android or apple. Have only had a hand full of infotainment freezes in 2 1/2 years of ownership. I'm just speculating that a lot of freezes others are having is from their phones being plugged in. And it seems from reports on this forum that the cable is typically the problem.

Other than the usual advice: restart or reboot, turn off/on, remove/add device, uninstall/reinstall. I can't be of much help.

·
Registered
423 Posts
When I first got my Bolt I had horrible CarPlay issues. I called Apple and they had me wipe the phone and reinstall the OS. I do not remember the steps but it worked. Of course backups in the Cloud and desktop help sync the phone. I know, this is very scary but my phone is 99.9% CarPlay ready now. Not my fault if you brick your phone.

·
Registered
564 Posts
When my Bolt was new a few months ago,I had a question, not a problem. I found there was a dedicated numberer, or so I was told, to deal with Infotainment issues. They talked me through my 2 questions in no time. It was 855 478 7767.

·
Registered
2 Posts
When my Bolt was new a few months ago,I had a question, not a problem. I found there was a dedicated numberer, or so I was told, to deal with Infotainment issues. The talked me through my 2 questions in no time. It was 855 478 7767.
Thank you. I'll give them a call before seeing my phone!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts