Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My awesome bolt USUALLY only shows two pages amir Spotify playlists. Dangerously unplugging and re plugging in my iphone fixed it... sometimes.

Also... The preferred icons magically moved... what?!?

Love the BoltEV though. Truly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ii have the same problem, just got my 2017 Chevy Bolt a couple of weeks ago. I decided to focus on using Spotify vs Apple Music or Pandora. I do have accounts with all 3. I downloaded about 50 albums and 25 playlists to my phone. The car only displays the 1st 2 pages as you have stated. I'm on an iphone 7s (Att) on 10.2.1

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
These are likely problems with Apple Car Play and not so much GM. My limited understanding is, the app makers have to make sure their apps are fully compatible with Car Play and just the standard phone, or iPad app may not work. Since Car Play users are such a tiny percentage (although no doubt going to grow) many app developers are reluctant to spend the time on it it requires. It's also very possible that Apple is dropping the ball too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have the same problem with Spotify, The only cure so far is to pick up the phone and scroll down on it. Sort of defeats the purpose, though, since you could just stream it via blue tooth anyway.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yup, I have this too. But on my end it seems to correct itself if I just go through a few menu options, back a few times or something like that - without any handling of actual phone. Annoying, but being able to mostly use spotify through that display is still pretty awesome.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just called Chevy Infotainment department, 855-478-7767, and spoke to someone about this problem of not seeing the entire playlists in Pandora and Spotify.

She stressed the importance that the USB cable be an original Apple cable to get the full functionality of CarPlay. I was using a 3rd party cable and most of CarPlay functionalities were working except for the playlists in Pandora and Spotify.

I replaced the cable with an original Apple cable and my entire playlists for Pandora and Spotify displayed correctly. Make sure to use an original Apple cable and if you are using one already, try another.

·
Registered
2017 Bolt EV LT
271 Posts
I just called Chevy Infotainment department, 855-478-7767, and spoke to someone about this problem of not seeing the entire playlists in Pandora and Spotify.

She stressed the importance that the USB cable be an original Apple cable to get the full functionality of CarPlay. I was using a 3rd party cable and most of CarPlay functionalities were working except for the playlists in Pandora and Spotify.

I replaced the cable with an original Apple cable and my entire playlists for Pandora and Spotify displayed correctly. Make sure to use an original Apple cable and if you are using one already, try another.
What? If you didn't just tell me that changing the cable made an actual repeatable difference I would call complete and total BS on what the tech said. A digital cable is an all on or all off thing, it works or it doesn't. If it can pass enough data to populate the first 2 pages it can pass data period. The fact that the rest of the pages don't show up should have nothing to do with the cable. It's like people who buy the name-brand gold-plated (expensive) 3' HDMI cables because they think it will deliver better picture quality...

Do me a favor, swap the old cable back and see if the problem returns.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts