Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Left my daughters Bolt in a parking garage for a few days, returned to find cat paw prints on the right side of the windshield.

Got in the car and turned on the AC and **** that stink of cat urine.

I have a product called Bac-out by Biokleen Biokleen Bac-Out Enzyme Stain Remover - 32 Ounce - Natural Foam Spray, Destroys Stains & Odors Safely, for Pet Stains, Laundry, Diapers, Wine, Carpets, Eco-Friendly, Non-Toxic, Plant-Based:Amazon:Health & Personal Care

So I sprayed the bac-out on the base of the windshield, cleaned up that as best as I could. I also sprayed it into the air intake under the hood. about 8oz 2:1. Drove the car yesterday and it reduced the smell by 50% or so. Of course if I use recirc air setting, I dont smell it, fresh air and hello smell from ****.

Today I removed the fasteners across the windshield cowl from under the hood and propped that up, found more traces of cat urine, sprayed and wiped again. Fully removing the windshield cowl would be ideal, but that appears to involve removing the wiper arms and other fun stuff. I also sprayed another 6oz of bac-out down to where I think the air routes to the cabin filter. I have a new cabin filter coming from amazon tomorrow.

Anybody else have this fun issue? Any other tips?

·
Registered
439 Posts
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Sorry to hear. I've always thought it was weird how strong even the smell of windshield fluid was after spraying it. Maybe the dealer can take a look and trace the system (because I think it is an issue) or hopefully somebody else has had to take it apart.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Bad =^..^=

Maybe try masking it for awhile with a frebreez clip on the vents until it dissipates enough.

·
Registered
71 Posts
There's something called Nature's Miracle that uses enzymes to neutralize pet odor. It's a liquid that could be sprayed in places too.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Anybody else have this fun issue? Any other tips?
You might want to replace the cabin filter.

·
Registered
16 Posts
As 'shrox' said: Nature's Miracle.

It completely works - I have years of experience using it.

Readily available at pet supply stores. The liquid works. The powder that you add to litter boxes works.

You won't be sorry.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
But the cat is still out there. He'll be back.

jack vines
I wont be parking at that deck again.

You might want to replace the cabin filter.
As noted in my post I have a new cabin filter arriving today. Thanks for the "how to."

Nature's Miracle
I was doing some reading on Bac-out vs NM and they seem to be very similar.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry to hear. I've always thought it was weird how strong even the smell of windshield fluid was after spraying it. Maybe the dealer can take a look and trace the system (because I think it is an issue) or hopefully somebody else has had to take it apart.
When I change the filter, I'll be sure to spray the Bac-out in that area too.

After yesterdays treatment as pictured, I'm about 80% there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
New filter should be the end of issues. I sprayed bac-out in the filter housing and will let it sit for an hour or so before installing the new filter.

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
Fully removing the windshield cowl would be ideal, but that appears to involve removing the wiper arms and other fun stuff.
I'm not sure how the arms are fastened on the Bolt, but on my Prius C it was just a sliding locking clip that made it pretty trivial to remove and reinstall them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts