Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
I use the console mount proclip with a cheap magnetic mount I got on Amazon.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I have the ProClip dash mount coupled with a Spiegel wireless mount. Works great, especially with the Wireless CarPlay dongle.

·
Registered
44 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm still using my Anker magnetic mount but I had to have it superglued to the blank button because the 3M tape wasn't strong enough over time/hot weather.

IMAG0658.jpg

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
I use one of the cheapo plastic ones that clamp onto an HVAC vent louver. Like this one:

I use AA or CarPlay so infrequently that cheap and easy were the two main criteria.

·
Registered
2018 Bolt EV Premier Nightfall Gray
205 Posts
I'm still using my Anker magnetic mount but I had to have it superglued to the blank button because the 3M tape wasn't strong enough over time/hot weather.
You covered the Trunk Monkey button?

·
Registered
2018 Bolt EV Premier Nightfall Gray
205 Posts
I use Car Play, so no need to access my phone on route. I stuff it out of site, usually in the center console under the arm rest.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I use a cup holder mount I 3d printed from Thingyverse. I use CarPlay all the time so the phone sits in the cupholder upside down, with the lightening port sticking up and plugged in. Dirt simple, very secure and cost is next to nothing. I previously used the charging slot (I have a Premier) without the rubber boot, as the slot is too small for my phone, but I was constantly worried about stuff falling down there and the phone rattled around. This isn't pretty, but it works for me, doesn't block a vent, doesn't require a suction cup (which can fall) and doesn't require any permanent changes to the car or glue or double sided tape.

·
Registered
310 Posts
My cup holder mount is arriving today. Usually I plug my phone in and just put it in the storage area by the USB ports, but I've been losing my AA connection frequently lately, even while it is still running on the phone. So I want to be able to see it even when the car connection fails, hence the new cup holder. After looking at many on Amazon, I settled on this one: SPARIN Adjustable Car Phone Mount Cup Holder because it just looked like it would hold the phone steady while driving, at least more so than the flexible gooseneck models.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts