Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My trade in was a 09 CRV with leather armrests. over 8 years the leather on my armrests deteriorated, so im a little paranoid about the armrest materials on my new Bolt. I work in physical rehab so I used a leftover (new) compression stocking, cut off the foot portion, and slipped it over the center console armrest with the top opening of the sock facing forward.

I thought my half-baked plan would end up as scrap, but it actually turned out real nice. I just have to make a hole at the bottom for the latch.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
What size compression sock did you use? Does the sock move much under arm weight? I ask because if it doesn't move much, I'll probably buy one the same size in the future. If it does move a bit, I might go one size smaller.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What size compression sock did you use? Does the sock move much under arm weight? I ask because if it doesn't move much, I'll probably buy one the same size in the future. If it does move a bit, I might go one size smaller.
Hi, I used a 2XL compression sock. It does not move with any arm weight. However since the calf opening hangs over the lip of the console I did have to rearrange it to fit over the edge...but this does not have to do with arm weight.

I guess Im still beta-testing this. I really like it and will keep it on, Im just playing around with how much material is needed over the front edge so the front of the console does not slip through. Once I am comfortable with it, I will use a small scissors or knife to make a hole for the latch.

The 2XL fits REAL snug around the arm rest. You could get away with 3XL.

If you want, I can send you the other sock and you can play around with it and tell me what works for you... IM me. no problem...!

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Thanks for the offer, matty d. Unfortunately, I'm not a fan of the color. I'll start looking for a nice gray one that matches the interior and hopefully find one before wear starts on the armrest material. Nice thing about the compression socks are they're quite slick and take the brunt of friction damage to the leather armrest. Great idea and thanks for showing it off!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts