Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My center console is not coming in the morning after being plugged in and fully charged and in my garage. It takes about 5 minutes before it will come on. It happened 5 or 6 times, and not necessarily on the coldest nights (I live in Denver, CO). The odd part is when it's parked in the parking lot at work all day and it's 8 degree, everything starts fine.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
You need to collect data about the temps you see this in and the temps when it works reliably. This will be useful for others here as well as the dealer tech (and GM ultimately) as they figure out what is wrong. I doubt even -30F would be a problem for the LCD display in the center console, but don't know if there are safety checks in the Bolt's computers that prevent turning on the center console display (the infotainment/mylink display).

Good luck.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Probably a faulty wire or maybe a plug that moved and is lose due to use of the car? Could that be? Because I remember having a glitch right after going through a car wash and then I rechecked the hood and reinforced the main wires that I could reach and it never happened again...

Reactions: karendrab

·
Registered
676 Posts
I've noticed that this seems to happen if I just "tap" the Start button quickly instead of pressing it for part of a second.
Try a press-and-hold to start the car and see if that avoids the issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sometimes my center console does not boot when I start the Bolt. I have no Onstar, no radio, no environmental, no heated seats and no bluetooth. I need to restart the car and then my center console will boot. The last time it do not boot upon start up, the center display came on after 5 minutes of driving. My center display some time freezes, bluetooth stop working, Android Auto and Onstar stop working. I have taken the car to a local Chevy dealer 3 time to solve the problem. I love the car and drive about 150 miles a day. :|

·
Registered
66 Posts
i had this happen again in GA couple days ago when it was 40deg in AM / turned car off and on still nothing / I drove to my neighbors house and turned off car , and then when I started it was OK / At least still able to drive car with no screen / I did have to do without the backup camera

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Sometimes my center console does not boot when I start the Bolt. I have no Onstar, no radio, no environmental, no heated seats and no bluetooth. I need to restart the car and then my center console will boot.
It's worth trying the secret infotainment reboot procedure: press and hold both the "Home" key and the "Next Selection" key (just to the right of the volume knob) for about 10 seconds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.