Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone noticed that the center consoles are different between the Premiere and LT? The Premiere has a slot for the cell phone and USB ports to the side. The LT has its USB ports in a larger catch-all bin. Left picture attachment: Premiere console. Right attachment: LT console.

Is this correct (LT vs Premiere console) or is the cell phone holder part of a different optional package or something....

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
The cell phone holder also does wireless charging of Android phones. Comes by default on the Premiere and is not available on the LT.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
The cell phone holder also does wireless charging of Android phones. Comes by default on the Premiere and is not available on the LT.
That's assuming your phone fits in there, my LG G5 (a not particularly big phone from early 2016) won't fit in there. Of course the G5 doesn't have wireless charging anyways.

·
Registered
247 Posts
It will charge other phones besides android. 2018 MY will even charge Apple phones.
I have a Bolt EV Premier, an iPhone X and the charger never works...
And I do not like to keep it plugged in because I don’t want the navigation app to be on the entire time because it wastes data... but so far I have no choice.

·
Registered
40 Posts
hmm that is funny. I would rather have the catch all bin ;)
yeah, that phone charger does not install confidence with the iPhone X. My wife has one in a simple apple wallet case and I wanted to try the wireless charging and it did not go in easily and took too much force on a $1000 piece of glass :)

Catchall would be cool. I see why they designed it the way they did to keep stuff from flying in a wreck, but I'd rather have had a flat spot that could accomodate more phones, or a way to adjust those bubble padding things that crush the phone against it.

I think it was part of the package that upgraded the sound system.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've had a 2018 Premier for about 3 weeks now... I have an iPhone 8 with an Otterbox on it and the charger works just fine. Bottom of the phone down, glass toward the driver side and the little lightening bolt shows on the infotainment center on the top right. Snug fit but it works.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Just wanted to point out that the wireless charging is NOT standard on a Premier. It’s part of the Infotainment Package II. We have a Premier, and we don’t have this option installed, so we have the deep “bin” in the center console. Works out for me because CarPlay is awesome. And for now it seems that it needs to be physically connected via the USB port to work. So in retrospect even if we had wireless charging it would’ve been redundant for us.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts