Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
  • Hey Guest, welcome to ChevyBolt.org. We encourage you to register to engage in conversations about your Bolt.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

Registered
I always do 30-35% on the sides and back. The front strip I do 15-20%. Any darker and I feel like its hard to see at at night.

Make sure to check your state laws. In my state legal is 50% on the front windows and anything in the rear windows.

Registered
2017 Bolt Premier
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
These guys at work have 15 all around! I just wonder about nighttime. The state is 35% front windows and whatever you want on the back passenger and rear (Ohio).
I'm scheduled for tomorrow to get Autobahn ceramic.

Registered
Tinting your windows makes it harder for other drivers to see you, and make it harder for you to see at night. Both impact safety, with a potential risk of death or serious injury.

Out of an abundance of caution, avoid tinting any windows you'll be seen through or see out of.

Registered
2021 Bolt LT - Kinetic Blue
I've been considering the high-end (Xpel Prime Plus or Llumar Stratos) all around at 70% or possibly 70% front and 50% rear. I don't like the limo black look, but I'd like some UV and IR protection. Haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Registered
2020 Chevy Bolt LT Summit White
I have 20% front and 5% rear. First couple of nights were nerve racking but now I have no issues driving at night. I went with the Pinnacle series ceremic from Llumar. Made a huge difference in interior temps. I originally wanted the Statos but had to pay 200 more which wasn't in the budget.

Registered
Dude, I live in Michigan. I went from a Volt (that's with a Veeeee, like Victor) to a Bolt (with a beeeeeee, like Bravo) a month ago. That's the exact convo I had with the tint shop today, by the way.

Apparently the Volt windows had some factory tint all the way around, because I am roasting, like a rotisserie chicken, in the sun. It's like my feet and right hand are frozen, but my left arm is on fire when I drive.

I'm opting for some ceramic tint. I have an appointment mid September in Grand Rapids to get it done.

Anyone who had it done, let is all know how the IR and heat reduction was.

Registered
I always do 30-35% on the sides and back. The front strip I do 15-20%. Any darker and I feel like its hard to see at at night.

Make sure to check your state laws. In my state legal is 50% on the front windows and anything in the rear windows.
Not an issue here in California where totally opaque windows are commonplace, as are missing front plates and 3 year old registration stickers.

Registered
I've been considering the high-end (Xpel Prime Plus or Llumar Stratos) all around at 70% or possibly 70% front and 50% rear. I don't like the limo black look, but I'd like some UV and IR protection. Haven't pulled the trigger yet.
I have Llumar Stratos 70% windshield and 35% everywhere else. It has really seemed to help reduce the heat and glare. My only regret is that I spent so much to tint a car that I might sell back to GM. Whatever car I get in the future, I鈥檒l do this ceramic tint again.

Registered
2017 Bolt Premier
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I used a shop called factory tint clear bra in Dayton Ohio to do my wife's Kona. It has a lifetime warranty. Ceramic I think 20% or so. I have never had tint done before and couldn't believe how easy it is to see out day or night. Makes the shark grey paint w black really sharp. Paid around $300. I will do my Bolt if they ever fix it, or the next ev if I decide I've had it with Chevy and flip it after the fix for a better brand such as Hyundai, kia, or Tesla.

Attachments

Registered
Greetings from the great pacific northwest. My 25% 3M Ceramic installed back in 2018 on a 2018 is still going strong. Love the tint during the 2-3 weeks or sunshine we have per year...but loving the increased privacy that the tint provides. If I need folks to see me...I roll the window(s) down so they can seem my....hand signals/gestures 馃榿.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.