1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Chevrolt Bolt EV
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pretty good, not great though.
View attachment 42571
Yep very nice, I'm trying to wait until next year to upgrade but not sure I can do another Minnesota winter with the Bolt. The EV6 comes witha heat pump . So that will help with the fall and early spring 25-35-45 degree weather..and a bit with the "real" winter temps

Hey wait!! Thats not 303kw with a Polestar ..what are you charging ???

·
Registered
311 Posts
Judging by the reflection, it looks like a Hummer EV.
That is mind boggling fast. I wonder what charging speeds will hit in the next 5 years? Doesn't matter for me ... cars with those kinds of charging speeds are way outside of what I can afford. Kind of like a teenage kid with a poster of a Lamborghini on his wall... no way he can afford it.

·
Registered
Premier, Yo, with every goodie!
1,862 Posts
Judging by the reflection, it looks like a Hummer EV.
:D Always look for the reflections! You'll see poop in the toilet, naked guy taking the picture, evidence on the table, etc.(y)

Reactions: duncanator

·
Registered
12/16 build, 2017, white LT
12,009 Posts
That is mind boggling fast. I wonder what charging speeds will hit in the next 5 years?

No, it is not. You don't understand the concept of C rate. The battery in the Bummer is 210 kWh (212.7 in EPA filing), 3.5 times as large as that in our 2017 Bolt, or that of over half of the Teslas sold this year.

To meaningfully compare the DC charge rate of a Bolt or standard range M3, you would need to divide that 303 kW by 3.5...86.6 kW. There are many new EVs that do that, or better. Another fair way to compare them is EPA MPGe. Ford matched the Bummers EPA MPGe in 1999.

The Bummer gets 1.55 mi/kWh vs the Bolt's 4.0 mi/kWh EPA rating. This means, per mile of range per minute, a Bolt at 55 kW is equivalent to 142 kW already.

The only thing mind boggling about the Bummer is the fact that GM is making them, and people are buying them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts