Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After researching level 2 Chargers decided to purchase ChargePoint flex.
Anybody found a good deal or promo code valid to use when purchasing from ChargePoint?

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT
143 Posts
I ordered one from their site for 699.00 They are on backorder. They say 1 month.

I ordered mine on the 13th of may and it arrived yesterday. Took me all of 10 mins to install. They supply the screws, drill bit and even the drill nut driver.

Pretty painless experience.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ordered one from their site for 699.00 They are on backorder. They say 1 month.

I ordered mine on the 23th of may and it arrived yesterday. Took me all of 10 mins to install. They supply the screws, drill bit and even the drill nut driver.

Pretty painless experience.
Did you mean the 23rd of April and arrived yesterday?

I ordered on May 5 and it still hasn’t shipped.

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT
143 Posts
sorry type o. I ordered on the 13th of May and received it yesterday. It was a 6-50 unit not sure if that matters.

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT
143 Posts
I know it is crazy out there. People are asking for $1300+ for these chargers on amazon. or $700+ used ones on ebay

I think it is better to wait and order for the 699.00 retail price.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know it is crazy out there. People are asking for $1300+ for these chargers on amazon. or $700+ used ones on ebay

I think it is better to wait and order for the 699.00 retail price.
Yeah plan ordering from Chargepoint directly. Just was curious if anyone had any promo codes. I found codes for Juicebox 40amp but I want a unit that will allow for advancement in charging when available at 50amps

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT
143 Posts
I have not seen any promo codes for chargepoint, and I scoured the internet looking for them.

just so you know you will never need more than 32amps for the Bolt. anything bigger would be for a newer car or a car that has a charging system larger than 32 amps

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
For daily use, 16-32A should be more than sufficient, unless you have a long commute and get a super heavy EV.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have not seen any promo codes for chargepoint, and I scoured the internet looking for them.

just so you know you will never need more than 32amps for the Bolt. anything bigger would be for a newer car or a car that has a charging system larger than 32 amps
Thanks want to allow for advancement with future vehicles and ability to charge at 50amps.

FYI found Juicebox promo code if interested for $30 off

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT
143 Posts
Not sure if it is the same for all EVSE units. but there is a federal tax credit for the chargepoint and associated install fees. claimed on on next years taxes.

I like the look of the chargepoint, and how you dock the plug into the unit.

Also there is a huge difference between all of the plugs I used, it has a really solid connection into the bolt and the lock is a positive click lock. I am impressed with the build quality of the chargepoint.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not sure if it is the same for all EVSE units. but there is a federal tax credit for the chargepoint and associated install fees. claimed on on next years taxes.

I like the look of the chargepoint, and how you dock the plug into the unit.

Also there is a huge difference between all of the plugs I used, it has a really solid connection into the bolt and the lock is a positive click lock. I am impressed with the build quality of the chargepoint.
Tax incentive is same for all charging units. BUT in Michigan my electric company only pays $500 rebate for Juicebox or Chargepointe

1 - 12 of 12 Posts