Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any hotels that allow you to reserve a level 2 charger along with your room reservation?

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
SparkE said:
I think that you'd have to call the hotel directly and ask. Tell them that they MUST guarantee an EV charger, and that it MUST be in the reservation notes, and that they MUST send you an email confirmation listing the EV charging requirement. Then, the day you plan on showing up, call them in the morning and request that a handwritten note be left next to the registration terminal reminding all that YOU have reserved the EV charge station for overnight.

You can use PlugShare app/website to find hotels that have charging.

• turn off all connector types except the one(s) that work on your car (CCS & J1772)
  • (if you have a Tesla Destination <-> J1772 converter, also turn on "Tesla" connector)- turn on all networks
  • turn on "payment required" (as some listings require you to be a guest, and that counts as "not free")
  • turn on "lodging" amenity

Reactions: paulgipe

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
I understand your frustration, but no. No hotel chain, that I am aware of, offers reserved chargers.

In the last 27 months we have been to two hotels where one of the desk personnel parks in a charging spot to save it for any EV drivers who show up. These folks have enough BS to deal with. None of them are making anything like enough money to police charging spots.

You can probably get a B&B owner to reserve their charger for you. And as someone on another forum mentioned, public campgrounds, and RV parks offer this service, if you bring your own EVSE. Here is the app you want. Filter for 14-50 outlets.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I understand your frustration, but no. No hotel chain, that I am aware of, offers reserved chargers.

In the last 27 months we have been to two hotels where one of the desk personnel parks in a charging spot to save it for any EV drivers who show up. These folks have enough BS to deal with. None of them are making anything like enough money to police charging spots.

You can probably get a B&B owner to reserve their charger for you. And as someone on another forum mentioned, public campgrounds, and RV parks offer this service, if you bring your own EVSE. Here is the app you want. Filter for 14-50 outlets.

You might look for hotels that have valet parking service. I fly out of SFO, and the garage I use offers charging, if you do valet parking. It costs a few bucks more, but they also have the ability to move the cars in and out of chargers efficiently, and no worries about ICEing. They ask for when you're returning, so they can plan to have the car full on your return. With the status messaging set up, I can see when they actually get around to charging my car.

On the rare occasions when a trip has wrapped up early, I just call them and let them know to do it earlier (if they haven't done it already).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts