Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
My local dealer has a single L3 and L2 but they are INSIDE the garage. You are free to use them but only during business hours. You pull up and go in and ask and IF they say yes then you have to park in front of one of the garage bays and they will open the door slightly and push you the cord under the door.

As todays kids say...” that is screwed up “.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I'm shocked that dealerships allow people to come on to their property and charge their EVs for free - especially non-GM brands. Do they ask for identification? This is so un-dealership-like! I could see if you bought your EV at that dealership ... maybe they'd give you some number of complimentary charges (kind of like free oil changes), but if you're just passing through with little chance you'll ever do business with them .... I can't see why they'd allow it. They're paying for the electricity; you're possibly getting in their way ... what if there's an accident (you cause damage, they cause damage). It just doesn't seem to make any sense (from their perspective). Maybe right now it's so few and far between that they don't care, but eventually it'll reach the point where they'll put the brakes on it for any one of several reasons.

But enjoy it while it lasts, I guess...
You're kidding,right,Mr. Sunshine? Please tell me that was a lounge in cheek comment.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts