Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last night, in anticipation of a trip today, I changed my max charge fron 90% to 100% and plugged in. About the time I expected the charging to be finished, I received 2 notifications. One from Onstar said charging was interrupted and the other from JuiceNet saying charging was complete. Upon checking the car, the dash charging LED was off. After re-plugging a couple times, charging resumed, adding 2.8kWh (I also saw a small, 3 minute spike after completion, which I attribute to cell balancing?) 2020 Bolt, JuiceBox 32 Next Generation. EDIT: Just read the manual (yeah, I know) it appears I need to check the JuiceBox for audible fault code tones the next time this happens (assuming it's not the car doing the interrupting).

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looks like I have a problem brewing. I plugged in about 4 hours after returning home from a 4 hour drive and after 1 hour and 40 minutes, charging stopped, with the DIC showing "unable to charge", and no error codes on the JuiceBox. I unplugged, cycled power on the JuiceBox, and replugged and it resumed charging. Can Onstar do remote diagnostics?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Looking at the JuiceBox record, I discovered the last 3 sessions (forgot the last one in May) have all stopped at 1 hour 40 min/ 12.5 kWh. ??? EDIT: Problem is no longer brewing - it is constant. 4th time in a row now, "unable to charge" after reaching 12.5 kWh. I'm planning to go to a local L2 station tomorrow to eliminate my JuiceBox.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Its the juice box, you have a charge limit set see the screen with the dial face and make sure it says "200kWh" for the limit and "0" for the starting point. It is easy to accidently set the limit, I did that too a while back...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its the juice box, you have a charge limit set see the screen with the dial face and make sure it says "200kWh" for the limit and "0" for the starting point. It is easy to accidently set the limit, I did that too a while back...
Lots of egg on my face this morning - this is exactly what happened. I'm not sure how it happened however. I knew about this settiing and had previously set it to max. Oh well.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Lots of egg on my face this morning - this is exactly what happened. I'm not sure how it happened however. I knew about this settiing and had previously set it to max. Oh well.
I fed back to them that it is way too easy to accidently do and that, they need a confirm or alert that a charge limit is set that can't be overlooked...

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Yeah...scrape it off, make an omelet, and move on. That's what we're all here for.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts