Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got their charging notifications to work? I was using a level 2 charger with my doors locked and when I unplugged it, no horns or sirens went off, nor did I receive a notification.

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
It works for me and has for the last 8 months.

·
Registered
57 Posts
And, of course, the alarm when charging disconnected while car locked option must be set to ON.

I have the opposite problem. If I unlock my car while charging I get a charging interrupted alert on my phone.

Jeff

·
Registered
114 Posts
Does the ability to configure the EV notifications work for anyone else on the OnStar basic plan? I get the notifications regardless of it, but just verified with a Guidance package trial that it was needed to get to the page that lets you change the settings.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I haven't tested the charge disrupted recently, but I lost charge complete SMS text notifcations from Sunday through Wed. This morning (Thu) was the first time I got charge complete notifications back. I didn't do anything. So I'm not sure why your Bolt didn't sound an alarm, but if you're not getting other SMS text notifcations, it might be some issue on OnStar's end.

Reactions: surgeonFWW

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just leased my Bolt Premier on Saturday. I've charged twice on a level 2 and think I have the configuration in the MyChevrolet app set. I've put in "Email Address" and "Text To" and turned them both on. Under "Event Notifications", I've turned on "Charge Interrupted" and "Charge Complete". In both charging cases, I was able to query charge status and see that it went to Charge Complete (so the car was in coverage), but I haven't received any notifications. Anything else I should be checking?

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
I was able to query charge status and see that it went to Charge Complete (so the car was in coverage), but I haven't received any notifications. Anything else I should be checking?
I'm in the same boat - I've NEVER received any notifications on charging status in the 3 months that I've owned the car.

·
Registered
119 Posts
same for me and very frustrating

·
Registered
574 Posts
I never get charge complete messages - but I never set up the messaging. I just plug it in one evening a week. The car is programmed to charge from 11 PM to 7 AM. I just unplug it in the morning. The car automatically cuts the connection to the charger when it has taken in it's fill of electrons or if 7 AM rolls around.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Long story, but, I've been having issues with OnStar Basic and the myChevy app. I couldn't pull vehicle info on OnStar Basic nor configure my notification via the myChevy app, but I still got the charge reminder and charge complete SMS text messages while on the Basic plan. This was all during Dec 26th up until about a week ago.

Fast forward to today, GM Owner's Center tech rep basically said Bolt EV while on OnStar Basic does not support vehicle info via the myChevy app but does via the my.chevrolet.com Owner's Center website (I confirmed website does report my charge status). For my troubles, tech rep gave me two months of OnStar Guidance and voila, I could pull vehicle info via the myChevy app again.

As of an hour ago, I got a charge complete SMS on my phone.

Reactions: craigsc42

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Why do you have "real range anxiety now"? Did your estimated range suddenly drop like mine did come the winter?
When I had the Gen 2 Volt, I only had "gas anxiety" which some owners had. I had changed jobs recently and my prior commute was 65 miles round trip. From late spring to early fall, the good weather combined with some hypermiling allowed me to complete my trip using only electric (to 65 miles out of a 53 mile EPA-rated EV).

I had another incentive to not use gas: my Volt had an engine misfire everytime I hit gasoline engine. You can see another Volt owner as well as my own Volt make these sounds in the following videos:

CA owner's 2016 Volt:
https://vimeo.com/177954038
Mine:
https://vimeo.com/228493984
https://vimeo.com/228494160

This reluctance to use the gasoline engine in the Volt was my "fake range anxiety".

I now have real range anxiety cause I have no gasoline backup. Right now I average 190 miles of range on the GOM from the start of my commute to the end. I typically finish the day with 44% SOC (90 miles) but some days I run errands and detour so I start to get range anxiety the more I diverge from my typical 100-mile commute.

·
Registered
22 Posts
To follow up a bit more. I'm still on the OnStar Trial, so it shouldn't be any problem with being on the Basic plan. I did disconnect the charger last night and I got the "Charge Interrupted" message, so the system has the ability to detect some status change and get the messages out. I thought maybe the "Charge Status" setting had something to do with it, so I even set it to honk the horn, but still no dice. Frustrating. I get the impression from other reading that OnStar/Chevy support on this sort of stuff is basically nonexistent? I also don't seem to be able to get KeyPass set up, so wonder if there's any correlation there

·
Registered
300 Posts
My 3Mon. Onstar just expired a few days ago. However, I do have the unlimited data plan. Keypass, including preconditioning works, I get car status from the app, (charge state, tire pressure etc) although it takes probably 30 seconds to update after opening the app. I get a text message when charging is complete. I haven't tried setting up disconnect notification as I charge almost exclusively at home.

Just another data point...

·
Registered
336 Posts
I just completed the 3 month trial with OnStar, and when I called them the other day they told me that my 'Guidance' trial was extended another 3 months, I think they said because I had registered my credit card online previously. I went ahead and signed up for the 'Security' plan at $15 a month ($179 a year), and cancelled the 4G LTE 1 GB plan. Now this morning I received my very first charging-complete notification.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts