Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Bolt LT
311 Posts
Great replies. The one thing I will definitely do is put in a circuit with a 60 amp breaker so that I can upgrade to 48 amps later if I choose. I don't think I need a smart charger, but the Emporia that redpoint5 posted looks like a good choice. I would just like to check out its reliability. Finally, has anyone seen anything about potential reverse usage to power the home during a power failure like Ford is touting?

I got a charge point charger. at first I was interested in how much I was spending on electricity. it is nice cause one you select your utility and rate plan it tells you in dollars how much you are spending. I am actually over it now. I don't think I have look at the app in 6 months.

I did not need a L2 charger. the amount I drive I could have got by with the stock charger. However you know know what could happen in your life and there was a few times that I needed to drive almost the max range and still needed it to charge enough by the next morning. for those instances it is nice to have peace of mind that your charger can charge faster.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts