Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Either my 2019 LT or my EVSE is acting strangely. It starts to charge normally, but after a few seconds it stops charging and the Charging Status Indicator flashes long green, meaning that charging is delayed by program. But I've not programmed the car or EVSE in any way. What could possibly be causing this problem?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I left the car plugged in, came back about an hour later, and it was charging normally. So I'm totally confused. Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
I left the car plugged in, came back about an hour later, and it was charging normally. So I'm totally confused. Any ideas?
Are you using the EVSE that came with the car? Also, did you hear the car making any noise? If you had some warm weather, I wonder if the car was trying to cool the battery first and was using more energy than the EVSE could provide. The noise would be the air conditioner kicking in. I'm just guessing.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
No, it's an OpenEVSE Level 2. No noise, I know what battery cooling sounds like.
Only other thought I had was a set departure time. But you said that nothing has been set.

Do you have an agreement with your utility company? Just checking the trouble shooting guide in the owner's manual about the long green flashing. They actually mention that this can be accomplished through OnStar. Big Brother?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Only other thought I had was a set departure time. But you said that nothing has been set.
Even if I had accidentally set a departure time, how would that explain charging normally for a few seconds before waiting? Is that normal behavior when a departure time is set?

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Is that normal behavior when a departure time is set?
Not a clue since I've never used that feature. I did some searching of the forum and can't find anything other than one member mentioned waiting for the long green flash to start.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Even if I had accidentally set a departure time, how would that explain charging normally for a few seconds before waiting? Is that normal behavior when a departure time is set?
Yes. That is normal.

The Bolt has to activate charging to measure what the EVSE charging rate is so it can calculate what Time to start charging to be done at your set departure time.

You must have it set, otherwise it would just charge. Verify it.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
That is exactly what I am seeing. With my new EVSE, when I plug in, I would see the charge rate go up to 32A then down to zero then waiting for car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts