Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi from western Canada, everyone! I traded in my 2017 Volt Premier for a Bolt Premier on Monday, November 13. I've now had my Bolt for a week, and I love it!

If you see a black Bolt with black Chevy bowtie logos and a personalized licence plate ... that's probably me. Give me wave!

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Murdered-out Bolt? Do show...

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
If you see a black Bolt with black Chevy bowtie logos and a personalized licence plate ... that's probably me. Give me wave!
Cool! What's your custom plate? I've daydreamed a bit about getting one but haven't taken the plunge. Was the process of getting one very involved?

If you're in Vancouver then keep an eye out for my Kinetic Blue bolt.

·
Registered
2017 Bolt EV LT
271 Posts
Cool! What's your custom plate? I've daydreamed a bit about getting one but haven't taken the plunge. Was the process of getting one very involved?

If you're in Vancouver then keep an eye out for my Kinetic Blue bolt.
Thought I'd chime in! I've also got a kinetic blue Bolt but mine's already got a personalized plate on it, says "L8R GAS" :D

The process looks like this, either go online (search BC personalized license plate) or go to ICBC to get an application form. Write down up to five slogans that you would like, favorite at the top. Drop by ICBC insurance broker and submit the form along with a $100 cheque. If one of your slogans is available and they don't find it offensive, you will get your plates in a couple months or so. If the slogans are no good, you will get your cheque back along with an explanation why they didn't fly, at which point you can try another five. It took me two trys before I got one; apparently "LOL GAS" and "GAS LOL" and all variations of are already taken...

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
My plate is T-CHA. I'm an Associate Dean at a university now, but when I got the plate (quite a long time ago), I used to teach.

I've had the plate for more than 30 years, so the process has probably changed. It was actually quite easy when I got it.

I got my FIRST personalized plate in over 55 years of driving. I saw some really cool ones here on the forum and had a "contest" on my FB page. The chosen (and available) entry was "LCTRCBLU", which describes my blue Bolt quite well.

I look for other Bolts here in WV but, so far, have seen none (only many Teslas). We now have over 20 Tesla Supercharger plugs at 5 locations (with more to come) around the State, but NO CCS ("Combo") plugs!! Christmas is coming and you know what I am wishing/hoping for!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts