Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm surprised the Chevy Bolt has nothing on the dead pedal. I can already see it getting dirty over time and the carpet wearing poorly.

I am comparing one below. Any one have any other suggestions. I have seen the home made one on the forums..

The area is 11" by 4"

AndyGo® Car Styling non slip Foot Rest plate No Drill
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0194W2W28/ref=nav_timeline_asin?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Our neighbor at work is a shoe repair shop... I showed the dead pedal area to the owner- he made a template out of card stock and cut a piece of boot sole material to fit perfectly. He put three strips of velcro (hook side only) on the bottom of it- and it fits perfectly, it will never come off by itself and is non-slip because it's made of rubber for the bottom of work boots.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
That's actually a great idea and you can but a sheet of sole rubber for a low price on ebay, though it won't looks as nice as a shiny metal footrest.

·
Registered
13 Posts
A member in the other Bolt forum is making them.

Apparently this web site doesn't allow you to link to the other web site, mychevybolt

Never mind I see they have posted a thread.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Could always just Diy your own if it's just a matter of cutting a piece down to size and putting velcro on the bottom. Or maybe an old floormat you have lying around.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
They're are so many different routes of solving this issue so it's really up to your imagination and what you can fab up. Tons of budget friendly ways to deal with it and even if you don't want to do that, the person selling the 3D printed version is selling it at a great price.

You could even get a little 2 fast 2 furious and get a piece of aluminum race foot rests and stick it in there ;)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks to be a perfect fit for the foot rest area. Do you feel the need to change the brake and accelerator pedal pads as well to match it all up or it just doesn't bother you?
I'm fine with the look, the brake is dotted similar to it, just not chrome.

It definitely should have had something there and it is a good improvement. If anything it will keep it from looking like dirty worn carpet.

Looking at our other vehicle with something already on the dead pedal area and seeing the rubber/plastic worn out, makes me wonder if the Bolt carpet would even survive lots of driving.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Not a bad look at all.

To someone who never saw the Bolt before or has no knowledge of it will see this and think its a factory option. Always in favor of OEM-looking accessories/modifications.

Looking forward to what you will do in the future.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Nice add-on for the footrest. I really like the floor mats too! Where can I get those?
I also want to know where you got the mats too. I already have the pedal:)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Would also like to find the accelerator and brake pedal that will match the footrest. Notice I didn't say gas pedal :)

Reactions: ourbbycar

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi SteveCaz,

The mats are Lloyd Mats, their Rubbertite product. I chose light grey. They are custom cut to the Bolt, and I like that the mat for the rear seat floor area is a single mat that extends all the way across the floor, rather than two separate mats like you can find in other sets.
My only wish for improvement is that they would extend further forward into the front area forward of the pedals. And a good cargo mat with deep sides would be nice.... anyone found one that fits yet?

Here's a link to Lloyd's website. It makes sense to shop around on other sites too, since other sites also sell them and may be a little cheaper. Have fun.
https://lloydmats.com/how-to-order/

·
Registered
38 Posts
Not a bad look at all.

To someone who never saw the Bolt before or has no knowledge of it will see this and think its a factory option. Always in favor of OEM-looking accessories/modifications.

Looking forward to what you will do in the future.
Thanks! These cars make for a fun project. On the wish list for the future is a hefty cargo mat with deep sides, window tinting, and some neoprene seat covers (I have an LT, so cloth). Anyone know of any custom seat covers available that fit the Bolt yet?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Thanks for the link! Now I just need to find caliper covers.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts