Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

521 - 526 of 526 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
That's pretty bizarre! I've had mine in non-stop for 2 years. Never had a regen problem. I'd love to know how to recreate that, lol.
I recently purchased and installed a Vgate iCar Pro Bluetooth 4.0 (BlE) OBD2 Fault Code Reader OBDII Code Scanner Car Check Engine Light iOS iPhone iPad/Android Compatible ELM327 Adapter on my 2017 Bolt EV. I downloaded and installed the PIDs on Pixel 3 and the Torque Pro appeared to be working. This afternoon as we were pulling back from my garage my wife notice a person walking behind us and the Rear Cross Traffic Alert did not alarm. Later we notice that the Lane Keep assist was also not working. We disconnected the Pixel 3 from the car and the problems continued. We did then removed the OBD2 reader and the Lane Keep assist immediately returned to operation.

I've lost confidence on this unit and I'm returning it to Amazon.

Has any one experience any similar problems with other OBD adapters?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Yes, according to the maintenance manual, 0.03V out of balance is enough to warrant replacing the pack.
Good to know - thx! Is this spec for a fully charged pack at no or minimal load? Load and low SOC both tend to increase the spread.

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
Yes, according to the maintenance manual, 0.03V out of balance is enough to warrant replacing the pack.

Wow! Does this mean I get a new pack?

3.351V - 3.241V = 0.110V

12-29-18-3.jpg

This is at very low SOC, but even in normal use I often see 0.020V - 0.025V difference since first installing Torque Pro in June of 2018, and have never seen anything like 60 kWh usable.

12-29-18-1.jpg

·
Registered
183 Posts
Wow! Does this mean I get a new pack?

3.351V - 3.241V = 0.110V

View attachment 28066

This is at very low SOC, but even in normal use I often see 0.020V - 0.025V difference since first installing Torque Pro in June of 2018, and have never seen anything like 60 kWh usable.

View attachment 28065
If you had that spread when the pack was reasonably charged -- > 50% maybe -- then there may be a problem. You say very low SOC - < 10%?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Looks like 5.9% according to the first image.

I'm guessing that spec is quoted at full charge.
Yup - I missed the image detail. 6% is low enuf that cell voltage spread can be large. I suspect the right way to assess cell balance is at high SOC [> 80%?] and no load [idle, no heat, etc - just the default 1 kw on the DIC].

521 - 526 of 526 Posts