Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the owner center this morning to see if it has started to detect charging status as it has been giving the dreaded no able to connect to your vehicle message. Was on the phone last week for about an hour with about 4 different IT trouble agents { and I use that phrase with no confidence in their abilities whatsoever } So today when I tried today the area to update your charging status and mileage and efficiency is gone. Nothing to look at here folks, makes the entire owner center completely useless, { as it wasn't mostly useless before}. OnStar keeps sending me snail mail and email warnings that my trial is about to expire. Thanks for the memories but I will never pay a penny for this BS service. :eek:

·
Registered
730 Posts
I find it funny that of all things to get wrong it was something like this, the hardest part was getting the car to market, maybe they should get the same team on this end of the deal. The last thing they need with crazy competition enroute is bad customer experience.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Even the Android app hasn't been able to connect with the Bolt lately.
Many times it works where the website html based version fails, but someone over at GM really screwed the pooch this time because both are down now.

·
Registered
592 Posts
The good news: they've been revamping this whole system, which shows their view of importance of the Cloud connectivity, given how difficult it is to do these kinds of things

The bad news: the transition hasn't been seamless. More than likely this whole thing is outsourced (I'd give it a 99% likelyhood since GM doesn't have background in cloud systems). Anyhow it'll get straightened out.

FWIW its been working for me, other than the usual iOS app flakyness where it thinks there's no range

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I had the same issue, but I just noticed today, 10/26/17, the https://my.chevrolet.com/myvehicle it is back up, showing charging status...
You're right!

It's up and running again... like Christmas come early :laugh:

Let's hope keeps working over the winter for remote starting from inside the office.
EDIT... looks like Remote Start isn't available from the website yet...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Onstar RemoteLink App had an update today in the Apple Store. The description calls it the 'new' Onstar RemoteLink app.
Now everything, apps and website, work for me.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Yesterday, as my driver's instrument cluster was warning me my left side tire pressures were low (one indicated 30 psi & the other showed 31), the myChevrolet app said (in red, in the "Vehicle Status" section) "Flat tire". The tires looked the same. The "tire pressure" screen showed all four pressures {RF=32 psi, RR=32, LF=30, LR=31}, but since "below 32 psi" is the cutoff for a "warning icon", only the left 2 showed on the main {home} screen. I filled to the recommended 38 psi and all the warnings, including the myChevrolet app red icon were gone. I now get the EV Range shown in the Vehicle Status box, and then, full data when I tap the box.

I watched a YouTube video (Chris Farrer) yesterday on the "Energy Assist" section of the myChevrolet app and found it very informative. I recommend it (which I rarely do).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts