Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read discussions on the web about the fact that the Chevy Bolt does not have adaptive cruise control.

I own a 2017 Chevy Bolt Premier that I purchased at at the end of 2017.

I cannot find anything in the manual that explains the function of an icon in the middle of the cruise control cluster. I was hoping it was for adaptive cruise control. A Chevy rep I spoke to said this icon has no function.

I was unable to upload a picture but the icon is an image of one car following another. Anyone know what the function of this button is?

Thanks

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have read discussions on the web about the fact that the Chevy Bolt does not have adaptive cruise control.

I cannot find anything in the manual that explains the function of an icon in the middle of the cruise control cluster. I was hoping it was for adaptive cruise control. A Chevy rep I spoke to said this icon has no function.

I was unable to upload a picture but the icon is an image of one car following another. Anyone know what the function of this button is?

Thanks
I have the same car, all features... check page 222 of the manual. maybe the Forward collision assistant turn on or off feature? like it has for the lane change?

·
Registered
32 Posts
That button changes the sensitivity of the forward collision sensor, if you have the driver confidence package.

This is from page 223 of the manual

"Collision Alert
When your vehicle approaches another detected vehicle too rapidly, the red FCA display will flash on the windshield. Also, eight rapid high-pitched beeps will sound from the front. When this collision Alert occurs, the brake system may prepare for driver braking to occur more rapidly which can cause a brief, mild deceleration. Continue to apply the brake pedal as the driving situation dictates. Cruise control may be disengaged when the Collision Alert occurs.

Tailgating Alert
The vehicle ahead indicator will display amber when you are following a detected vehicle ahead much too closely. Selecting the Alert Timing The Collision Alert control is on the steering wheel. Press [ to set the FCA timing to far, medium, near, or off. The first button press shows the current control setting on the DIC. Additional button presses will change this setting. The chosen setting will remain until it is changed and will affect the timing of both the Collision Alert and the Tailgating Alert features. The timing of both alerts will vary based on vehicle speed. The faster the vehicle speed, the farther away the alert will occur."

·
Registered
125 Posts

Thanks
Interesting that you bring this topic back up,
One of the questions I was asked a few weeks back from the iHub team interviews(General Motors' internal incubator and innovation consultancy team) was if Super Cruse(GM's "Super Cruise" system debuted in late-2016 on the 2017 Cadillac CT6. The new system utilizes adaptive cruise control, braking and steering radar, camera and sensor systems to keep a vehicle in its lane — a step toward autonomous driving. The system, using GPS data, will only work on highways) was something I would use and if it would be worth say an $800 upgrade. I told them it would be Great to have this functionality in my current Bolt EV and if you could enable it with a software upgrade I would consider it. I also said that in my next purchase I would look for this functionality as part of the requirements.

It was an interesting question and the way they asked it was like they kind of hinted it was something our cars were capable of via possible upgrade but and at the same time it would be coming in the next version. The next topic dicussed was Software Upgrades over the Air....

·
Registered
100 Posts
It was an interesting question and the way they asked it was like they kind of hinted it was something our cars were capable of via possible upgrade but and at the same time it would be coming in the next version. The next topic dicussed was Software Upgrades over the Air....
That was what I speculated on in this thread (but no one could corroborate):
http://www.chevybolt.org/#/topics/20153

I hope we are just one software update away from ACC! ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts