Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Already have an EV Charger? Bracer EV will install it for you!

The Ontario Electric Vehicle Charging Incentive Program ensures that you get 50% back on your expenses for the charger & the installation. Bracer EV will help you claim your rebate as part of the work. 50% of the purchase cost, up to $500 + 50% of the installation cost, up to $500 (a maximum value of $1,000)

Bracer EV provides ev charger installation services for EV approved charging stations. A certified licensed electrician will come to your home or business and install the charging station so you are ready to get your new Tesla EV vehicle on the road!

Here’s what you get with our EV Charger Installation Service:

• Includes installation of EV approved charging station by a certified licensed electrician
  • Professional & Same Day EV Charger Installation Service
  • We will supply and run 40 feet of wire from your electrical source to the charging station.
  • Includes completion of the rebate process. We fill out the forms and submit the paperwork on your behalf.
  • Hassle Free fir you so sit back let us handle your concerns.

Contact Bracer EV for EV Charger Installation, Phone: +1 416 475-4323

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
In order to be fair to all vendors. Shouldn't this thread be started in the "Vendor Deals" forum ?

Although I noticed there aren't any other threads in that forum... BTW how is it that guys like Chargepoint are allowed on & out and about ?

Does this forum have a collection mechanism per thread/per post for vendors ?

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Would you trust your install to a company that doesn't know that the charger is already in the car?
Most people refer to an EVSE as a charger, even most EV owners.

You’ll see lots of references to chargers in posts on this forum.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Most people refer to an EVSE as a charger, even most EV owners.

You’ll see lots of references to chargers in posts on this forum.
True, but if most people are going 75 mph on the freeway, does that make it the speed limit?

They also call any DC charging L3.
They also believe that if their range at a full charge is <238 miles, there is something wrong with their battery.
The list goes on.

It's probably a losing battle to correct the "charger" terminology, but in my opinion, a company advertising/specializing in EVSE installation is held to a higher standard. It raises doubts in my mind as to their understanding of EV charging, and therefore the requirements of an EVSE installation. But maybe that's just me.

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
I moved the thread to the Marketplace area which is more appropriate.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Ontario Electric Vehicle Charging Incentive Program uses the term charging station. So maybe if they submit paperwork claiming to have installed an EVSE it gets rejected.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
True, but if most people are going 75 mph on the freeway, does that make it the speed limit?

They also call any DC charging L3.
They also believe that if their range at a full charge is <238 miles, there is something wrong with their battery.
The list goes on.

It's probably a losing battle to correct the "charger" terminology, but in my opinion, a company advertising/specializing in EVSE installation is held to a higher standard. It raises doubts in my mind as to their understanding of EV charging, and therefore the requirements of an EVSE installation. But maybe that's just me.
A new or potential EV owner looking to get a charger installed may not be familiar with the term EVSE. Using the generic term “charger” in promoting an installation service makes a lot more sense. The goal is effective communication, not technical precision.

As for common usage and the decline of the English language, now that “impact” is a verb and “proactive” is a word, all hope is lost.

·
Registered
862 Posts
A new or potential EV owner looking to get a charger installed may not be familiar with the term EVSE. Using the generic term “charger” in promoting an installation service makes a lot more sense. The goal is effective communication, not technical precision.

As for common usage and the decline of the English language, now that “impact” is a verb and “proactive” is a word, all hope is lost.
Charging station is perfectly acceptable, and certainly more understandable than EVSE.

Over the years, I've found the best way to explain charging to those new to EV (BEV's and PHEV's) is to point out that the charger is in the car. You can hook it up to 120 or 240V to charge the batteries. Much, much more understandable than L1, L2, etc. When explained this way, they get it immediately. They don't even have to know (nor do you need to try and explain) anything about amps, kW or kWh to understand it. People deduce without prompting that 240V is going to provide more power and charge the car faster.

Once they understand that all that the cords or charging stations/EVSE's are doing is providing power to the charger, the whole concept falls into place for them and their fears of finding a "charger" are greatly reduced. They realize that they are able to plug in almost anywhere (but some methods are much slower than others).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.