Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

AutoBlog recently released this bit of news! The Chevy Bolt EV in production from will be debuting at the Consumer Electronics Show in January next year.

Maybe we'll hear more about it's pricing and specs then. Would be great to know if it can actually travel 200 miles on one charge and maybe even more than that in real world testing. It's rumored to arrive at dealerships in 2017 but we'll see when the show comes.

CEO Mary Barra will be giving the speech so we're sure to hear more then.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Quite interesting that they are choosing to debut it at CES instead of a traditional auto show. That was definitely a deliberate decision to say something symbolic about the Bolt. This is an electronic, not gas powered.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Quite interesting that they are choosing to debut it at CES instead of a traditional auto show. That was definitely a deliberate decision to say something symbolic about the Bolt. This is an electronic, not gas powered.
But it makes sense, this appeal to that crowd, it's just about as techy as the future affordable mainstream vehicle will get and with that being said we should be seeing more EV's show up at these events.... just not sure about electric hypercars.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can't wait to finally see the production model unveiled and get some real world travel numbers! Also heard that Nissan may be planning a 200+ mile next gen Leaf so maybe we'll hear about that too.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I'm wondering if any other EVs will debut at the show. It seems like one of those things where other companies may want to also debut a new EV at CES so that Chevy isn't taking up so much of the press at that time .

·
Registered
786 Posts
I see what GM is doing and that is a great decision. It is a "mobile device" anyway with its own wheels, or a "rolling computer" as other may call it. The official launch date is October 1st, 2016, so the first Bolt EV will be sold in November, using past Volt launches as a reference. Here is the countdown: https://countingdownto.com/countdown/chevy-bolt-countdown-clock

But part of the "glory" will be taken away as Tesla Motors will publicly announce its Model 3 (presently "vaporware") on March 1st, 2016, and expect to get pre-sale money from TM fans. If my local dealer can sell the Bolt EV, I will be the first to post money as a pre-sale to order my own Bolt EV. I suggest all Bolt EV fans in this forum to decide for yourselves and maybe do the same.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Since Chevy is showing off the Bolt first, Tesla will need to one up them in order to draw in the crowd because the Bolt EV will be the standard. Same thing if it was in reverse.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I'm sure Tesla will beat them in some ways but be behind in others. Chevy has more dealers and service stations. I would guess that it will be cheaper than the Model 3 as well. Tesla will probably have a nicer interior. I am guessing they will keep with the tablet infotainment system.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I'm sure Tesla will beat them in some ways but be behind in others. Chevy has more dealers and service stations. I would guess that it will be cheaper than the Model 3 as well. Tesla will probably have a nicer interior. I am guessing they will keep with the tablet infotainment system.
Tesla can always try to setup pop up service locations where needed while they wait for a real dealer to be setup. Good way to get right to a problem on a priority product.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Can't wait to see the inside of the production model. Maybe the Bolt will have a large tablet infotainment system too.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Can't wait to see the inside of the production model. Maybe the Bolt will have a large tablet infotainment system too.
I hope they do, been noticing that being a growing trend in the industry and it makes sense since that's where all the tech is moving towards... screens.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
The concept model had a sizable screen.

I would be happy if they at least keep it that size but wouldn't say no to a larger one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts