Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you recommend getting on lists for various dealerships to get a bolt? One of them did a (over the phone) preliminary "build" for me and said once they heard it was available they would ask for a deposit. I have an upcoming appointment with another dealership that said they were allocated several. They wanted to order mine for me, it would require a 1,000$ deposit and it should be delivered within 6-8 weeks. Not sure which one to go through ? Ironically, the one closest to me (that we bought two cars in the past through) hasn't been keen on returning calls lately. Ha

·
Registered
34 Posts
Do you recommend getting on lists for various dealerships to get a bolt? One of them did a (over the phone) preliminary "build" for me and said once they heard it was available they would ask for a deposit. I have an upcoming appointment with another dealership that said they were allocated several. They wanted to order mine for me, it would require a 1,000$ deposit and it should be delivered within 6-8 weeks. Not sure which one to go through ? Ironically, the one closest to me (that we bought two cars in the past through) hasn't been keen on returning calls lately. Ha

If you can't order one yet through the dealership (not Cal. or Oregon), then get on their list and $500. deposit should be sufficient but make sure if is refundable. Go with a dealership that you trust rather than tying up a lot of deposit money unnecessarily.

Now, you did say that one dealer can order one for you and have it in 6 - 8 weeks with a $1,000. deposit; if you trust that dealership, sales people...........why not go with it.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Probably not for a while longer since they don't even know when they'll be able to get one. Hard to put in an order with no info.

·
Registered
174 Posts
They should have all the info now if they're in OR/CA. If not, you can send them the order guide available here. Perhaps check with larger dealers near you, especially if they have sold a lot of Volts (they will have a larger allocation). None of the dealers I spoke with (that didn't have their head up their arse) had a problem taking deposits, and all were refundable. Some $500, some $1000. Not yet available via Costco, I talked with them (4-6 weeks after they are in stock at dealers).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Deposit IS refundable, thank goodness! Once I left the dealership,I almost immediately regretted it. I did ask him if it was refundable and he got angry and said it was if I was in some horrible accident and was unable to take delivery of vehicle. Classy guy, huh? LOL I do agree with mbepic that I should go with somebody I trust. I will tell initial dealership I would like my deposit back and I'll stick with the one that is a little bit further away but was so kind (they didn't even require a deposit.) Ironic thing is that the nice people have updated me and said my car has a build date in December (and will probably take delivery in January) and the ones that ran with my deposit haven't even messaged me once. OH boy, live and learn eh?!Thanks for all the feedback!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Boltar, oooh, I hope costco does have this through their auto program because I've heard many good things about the program! hmmmm :)

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
At least the deposit is refundable from the less savory dealerships, best to take your money somewhere that will treat you nicely because when you need to go in for maintenance and such, they're the same guys you'll have to be dealing with...

·
Registered
732 Posts
hence why I go to high volume dealers since your more likely to find those refundable deposits, and that's for a very obvious reason... they have many more buyers lined up. much unlike some smaller dealer way out of the city or suburb. plus they have competition.... and as consumers we know how good competition is for us, they worker harder for the consumer at that point, no longer at their mercy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts