Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! My name is Jeff, and I own a Chevy Spark EV LT2 and a Chevy Bolt EV LT.

I am starting this thread in the hopes that I can make contact with other Bolt owners in Utah. I live and work in Lehi, but occasionally make my way up to SLC. I purchased my Bolt in June of 2017 at Jerry Siener Chevrolet. Since my purchase, I have only seen 2 Bolts "in the wild". One was a silver Bolt in the parking garage of the University Hospital, and the other was an Orange Premier in the parking lot of PetsMart in Sandy. Please let me know if we've crossed paths!

I look forward to meeting you all. I did some stalking and noticed that @PilotMan and @BoltR live in the area. Hope you guys see this!

Thanks,
Jeff W.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Or, if you aren't able to get in touch with other Bolt owners in the Beehive State in real life, feel free to move to the Commonwealth of Virginia - here and in the neighborly WV and MD we have a few good Boltmen

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Congrats on the Bolt! May I ask, why'd you keep the Spark? Was it just not worth it to sell/trade-in?

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Even here in WV we have a chapter of the National Electric Auto Association, The WVEAA. The problems, and solutions, of EVs are more general than brand- or model-specific. See if there is a Utah chapter near you and if/how many Bolt owners participate. Also check out www.voltstats.net which has Bolt pages and a map of where the Bolt owners live.

(You probably did both of these already, so I am just being redundant in my suggestions.)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, Jeff. My name is Nick, and I live in Provo. Having loved my 2014 Volt, I took the plunge earlier this month and bought a Bolt. Various dealers (especially north of Utah County) told me they've been moving new Bolts quickly, but you're right that you could go a long time before spotting one in Utah County.

I'm not sure how much the state's elimination of the $1,000 EV tax incentive has impacted sales, but it can't help. With our air quality problems, you'd think the state would do everything possible to incentivize EV sales. If anything, though, they seem to be going in the opposite direction, threatening to tax road use by mileage rather than at the gas pump.

In any case, thanks for starting this thread.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Nick! Glad to hear there is at least one other owner in the county! Where did you buy from?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats on the Bolt! May I ask, why'd you keep the Spark? Was it just not worth it to sell/trade-in?
Kept the Spark EV so that we could go fully electric. My wife and I are lucky enough to live close to work, shopping, family, and an airport. Honestly, we could have probably made due with 2 Spark EVs, but it is nice to have the extra range with the Bolt. When the temperatures are not too extreme, the Bolt only gets charged about once a week and still has plenty of juice left.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I made a friend today! Not really, but I saw this Bolt EV Premier in the parking lot next door, so I had to go take a pic.

Mine is the Cajun Red LT. Whoever you are, I hope you're on here!

This brings my total number of "in the wild" sightings to 3.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Jeff et al; I live in AF/Lehi work in Provo. Been driving my 2019 Bolt premier almost a year. LOVE it. Several trips to SLC and back and up to Ogden and back buth the wife and I are taking our first "real" road-trip to LV this weekend. It's winter, so planning to DCFC stops, Beaver and St George. Anyone done the SLC to LV road trip? thoughts?
Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts