Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve purchased a 2018 Chevy bolt couple months. Ago and it didn’t click to me, but I live in apartment and I have no output to plug in my car. Winter is coming and I’m now aware that it’ll reduce up to 40 percent of the range during the winter Season. It gets from 25 to 40 where I live during the winter and I’m wondering if I plug my car in at my local store and drive it to my apartment and not mess with it for the rest of the night , would it decrease the range more when i don’t use it ? Also would it mess up my battery if it’s not plugged in all night ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I’ve purchased a 2018 Chevy bolt couple months. Ago and it didn’t click to me, but I live in apartment and I have no output to plug in my car. Winter is coming and I’m now aware that it’ll reduce up to 40 percent of the range during the winter Season. It gets from 25 to 40 where I live during the winter and I’m wondering if I plug my car in at my local store and drive it to my apartment and not mess with it for the rest of the night , would it decrease the range more when i don’t use it ? Also would it mess up my battery if it’s not plugged in all night ?
25 to 40 degrees Fahrenheit not the range lol

·
Registered
146 Posts
The battery doesn't generally lose much charge sitting, based on sitting at work, or when I am away from home. The guess-o-meter (range display) will go down with the temperature. What matters is the bar display on the left, showing what percentage charge you have remaining. I would be conservative about keeping the charge up since you cannot charge or garage at night. You will get a feel for it over time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts