Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The Bolt has been spotted before undergoing closed course testing, but a venture onto Michigan's mean streets offered up our first glimpse of the Bolts interior.

It's high tech.

The cluster has been replaced with a digital display and the centre console features a massive touch screen display. Autoguide notes that the touch screen console looks larger then the Volts 8 inch unit.

Autoblog wonders about the software running on both screens, writing that it looks different then Chevys MyLink as we know it. Could it be development software thats unpolished, new software not quite ready for market yet or possibly a new Bolt specific skin (but it may be too early for that)

The shifter appears to be BMW-esque, the top button for park, pull back for drive, push forward for reverse.

For the most part the interior looks ready to go, we're not sure when Chevy might show the production Bolt. LA at the end of November would be nice, but Detroit in January seems more likely.

·
Registered
428 Posts
The actual instrument cluster display looks pretty cool. Is this picture accurate as to what we will get in the end? Is it the same as the Volt?

·
Registered
263 Posts
I think that is the production model's interior. Probably why the rest of the dash is covered so you can't see it fully before the big reveal.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Safe to say it's the production model interior, having followed a few vehicle releases in the past and seeing this trend in what they show... this looks about right as a production spec.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am so excited about the bolt. It's great that we found these excellent spy shots to show us the interior..

Amazingly, this car is set to be shown as a final production version at the Consumer Electronics Show in about 30 days and No one has any better shots of this car from the outside? It's amazing how well GM is keeping the wraps on this, with the internet and everyone with camera phones, etc.

The original prototype design looked amazing. The more I see of the spy shots, the more I am concerned about what this car will look like. I guess I'll know more in 30 days. See you at CES.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts