Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
  • Hey Guest, welcome to ChevyBolt.org. We encourage you to register to engage in conversations about your Bolt.

Chevy Bolt is a leader

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  ProfessorBolta 
#1 ·
Ladies and Gentlemen, Bolt finally did it. For the first time since October 2016, Chevy Bolt has outsold Tesla and got the first place in the EV market race.

While the market is growing significantly, and it's getting harder to get into it, Chevy isn't planning to stop the expansion. They sold 2,781 Bolts last month, whereas Tesla sold 2,700 units of their S model.

Tesla still does very well with its three models (X, S, 3)on the market, however, it seems like there is going to be a bigger competition in the next few years.

Keep it up Chevy!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I just hope they don't get less serious. AFAIK they appear quite focused on the Bolt so far, product managers have called it a statement car (or similar verbiage) meaning it's their way of saying "see? We can still innovate!" But with their success I just hope they don't now take it easy, as oftentimes happens. The Leaf was a big success, but then followup models were pretty much the same. The Prius was the same deal, they changed little after the initial success. With the Bolt there's little I think they can improve hardware wise, the big question is if they follow through on OTA features, not just bug fixes (or nothing).

For example at a minimum let's see the in-car navigation Barra promised us, including accurate range estimation.

#4 ·
adaptive cruise control
better driver's seat
better charing control software - fix the peak/off-peak charging complexity
better remote car control via app
optional high amp charger
optional more kWh battery
beefier Fast DC charger (100,000 watts anyone?)
Tesla Supercharger Adapter (pay as you go is fine with me)
better mobile charging solution provided with car (L1 & L2)
homelink
power seats/mirrors w/memory

just some thoughts…

#7 ·
Tesla hardly spends anything on advertisements (if not zero). So traditional ads are not absolutely necessary. Besides, there are some ads out there for the Bolt (in certain magazines). IIRC, Chevy said they are going for a more focused ad/marketing approach.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.