Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After complaining about the Charging Slot of the Bolt Premier, I took it in and found that the charging was working "as designed".

Which of course is a nice way of the dealer saying: "not my problem:".

So, I offer the same list of compatible devices that they provided me. And my phone (Galaxy 7) is not on the list that work with the Bolt.

This is the revised list as of January 3rd, 2018

http://www.gmtotalconnect.ca/assets/pdf/GM_Wireless_Charging_Compatible_Device_USE_andCAE.pdf

Reactions: Enzeder

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
Nice to know. See that my Nokia is on the list. And can confirm that it does work. Thinking this list only applies to the 2017 model year.

·
Registered
449 Posts
2017 Bolt EV - iPhone 7 w/ Mophie wireless juice pack works great - just wish I had Wireless CarPlay for it as well.

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
Thanks for the link!

I normally have my Galaxy S7 plugged into my 2017 Bolt's USB port so that I can use Android Auto, but when I got out of my car and grabbed my phone the other day I noticed that I hadn't plugged it in, and the screen briefly showed a message "Wireless charging suspended". The list you linked above suggests that the S7 isn't compatible with the 2017 Bolt, though. Perhaps I should more properly test it...

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the link!

I normally have my Galaxy S7 plugged into my 2017 Bolt's USB port so that I can use Android Auto, but when I got out of my car and grabbed my phone the other day I noticed that I hadn't plugged it in, and the screen briefly showed a message "Wireless charging suspended". The list you linked above suggests that the S7 isn't compatible with the 2017 Bolt, though. Perhaps I should more properly test it...

According to the dealer, my S7 is not compatible with the charger slot. I cam plug it into the USB to charge, but if it works in the charger slot, then it's more luck than by GM design.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.