Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Here we have a render designed by Shoeb Kalania and posted to Steering News. It shows what the Chevy Bolt may look like when it finally reaches production.

The render shows a redesigned front bumper and grille, slightly bigger headlights, larger rear view mirrors and different LED tail lights.

What do you think? Could the production Chevy Bolt end up looking like this?

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/2017-chevrolet-bolt-rendered-in-production-clothing-we-find-it-ready-to-inhabit-the-streets-98794.html#

·
Registered
263 Posts
I actually like this version a bit more but I'm not sold on the upper grill lip as it looks like he just decided to slap on something shiny.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see what you mean. That is in keeping with the style of the Volt, but it is strange the transition between the top of the grille that is all silver and the bottom that is a more traditional grate. I think the upper grille (where the emblem is) might get the full silver plate as well.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wonder if the actual production Bolt will include the detail on the Volt right by the side mirror where it's just black and has the 'Volt' name on it.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I can see that they're trying to stay consistent but it just looks a bit odd to me. Even if they don't include the side mirror letters, you can probably add it in yourself but hopefully it'll come standard as it's a nice bit of detailing.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Seems like they are coming out with a whole line of vehicles that are electric. I wonder what type of vehicle would be next on the list to add to the fledging lineup.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Not a bad look and its a look that's expected since the concept wasn't that far off from being production worth, just had to go through a small toning down process.

·
Registered
639 Posts
they probably will, it falls right into the right timing so i don't see why not. can't wait to see it and find out what exactly it features.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The production model is debuting in Frankfurt? Do we know this for sure, or are we just guessing?

·
Registered
639 Posts
The production model is debuting in Frankfurt? Do we know this for sure, or are we just guessing?
I think it's what been speculated as one of the most likely venues for it to happen. Fortunatley we're coming up to the time of the year a lot of shows are going to be happening

·
Registered
263 Posts
I hope we'll be seeing a production model at one of the auto shows this year because we won't be testing the Chevrolet Bolt any time soon. I found a nifty graph from Automotive News and it shows that the Bolt won't launch until the second half of 2016.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So that means somewhere around this time next year, although it will likely be at an auto show so maybe the Frankfurt of 2016?

·
Registered
263 Posts
The Chevy Bolt will probably be shown in it's production form some time in the first half of next year if it's coming out in the second half. Hard to tell when Chevy hasn't announced an actual release date.

·
Registered
639 Posts
The Chevy Bolt will probably be shown in it's production form some time in the first half of next year if it's coming out in the second half. Hard to tell when Chevy hasn't announced an actual release date.
That it will, going at the rate things are right now and how the Bolt was designed the production model won't be much of a surprise, especially with the Volt production model coming out not long ago.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Being the largest show around for the NA market and the most appropriate for this vehicle, that is something I also am betting on.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts