Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome in.
Have you made the leap to ownership, or need/want some information from the community?
I haven't made the leap as of yet but soon hope to. Obviously I have a lot to catch up on in the EV world, and yes I'll be reading and asking a lot of questions along the way.

Thank you for offering your help.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
To chime in with everyone else, I've been super happy with my Bolt. I got goosed into buying at the end of 2017 when it looked like the republicans were going to take away the EV tax credit for 2018. Without that, I might have been perpetually in “wait and see” mode. I'm so glad I was pushed into it.

Things some people think I should worry about, but don't:
  • Range. It's really not an issue at all for me.
  • Charging. I charge at home every night. I've needed charge away from home exactly once in nearly six months of ownership.

Things I thought were stupid but actually aren't:
  • The name. I thought the Bolt/Volt confusion was just dumb. But having had one, I now realize that the name is perfect. This car does like to Bolt!

Things no one warned me about:
  • I'm probably ruined for driving ICE cars. It's not that I can't, but I'll lament the lack of one pedal driving and the sluggish response. Instant torque FTW.
  • I'd end up with a new hobby, “EV enthusiast”, as evidenced by my writing posts here on this forum.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It'll just be a matter of time before I'm in position to purchase an EV and the BOLT is the front runner.

I appreciate everyone's input and the welcoming I have received.

Thank you

167 Posts
Love the name. Bolt. Like F-35 Bolt!
Love it.....worst mistake of humanity---giving me ownership and driving privledge of Lightening Bolt!
Love it! Makes all others look lame, weak and feeble.
Love it! I discover "new roads" everyday now!
Love it like Fender guitar---you won't part with yours either!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.