Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
  • Hey Guest, welcome to ChevyBolt.org. We encourage you to register to engage in conversations about your Bolt.

Chevy Bolt Special Enough To Appeal To The Masses

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Raymondjram 
One more important thing about the Bolt is how practical it is, that's what most people want, they want their needs to be met, and the Bolt does it. On top of that it opens the average person up to being green and buy from a brand they know they can trust. Lots of boxes checked off.

Had a look at the new Volt and even that for me isn't practical enough, rear seat room just doesn't cut it. The Bolt EV is for everyone.
While I believe electric cars are the future and am having a lot of fun with my new Bolt. For the general public the future is not now. First, even with the rebates it is expensive for its size and trim. That is mainly a battery issue and some estimates are that it costs about $9 k. The promised super chargers that offer more than 100 miles range in 30 minutes, appear to be mainly a future device and the cost to use these appears to be large at the moment. Installing a Level 2 home charger runs close to $1 K and may not be an options for renters. If the Bolt were not in competition with conventional cars that go farther and cost less, it would be an absolute wonder. So I don't think it will be an overnight game changer, rather something of interest to early adopters and tree huggers. (OK I bought one.) I am hoping the maintenance is really low compared to my 2003 Jetta. I hear a lot of amazing stories about how long the Toyota Priuses last and except for the battery, the Bolt is a relatively simple car.

All that said above, the Bolt is a huge step forward toward an EV car for everyone. But if like to regen going down hill, it is for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.