Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was reading an article posted by HybridCars.com and they had a list of the more notable awards that the Chevy Bolt has received so far. This list was also sent to Chevrolet to see if they missed anything, and they did indeed miss 2 that were supplied by Chevy. Here's the list :

Car&Driver - 10 Best Cars
Car Connection - Best EV to Buy, Best Hatchback to Buy 2017
Green Car Reports - Best New Car to Buy
Green Car Journal - Green Car of the Year
Hispanic Motor Press - Best EV/Plug-In Vehicle
Motor Trend - Car of the Year
AutoGuide - Reader's Choice
Time Magazine - 25 Best Inventions of 2016
Popular Science - 10 Greatest Automotive Innovations of 2016

The Chevy Bolt has definitely taken the top of other "lists" and comparison competitions, but these were the more notable it seems. What do you guys think ??

·
Registered
639 Posts
I'm not exactly surprised since the Bolt checks off a lot of boxes, some more than the Volt although right now the Volt seems to be picking up a lot of buyer volume, more than I had expected. Maybe that combined with what we see here will indeed translate to great buyer volume.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Well, it is the first affordable long range electric car. Not surprised it won so many awards and it'll probably win more in the months to come.

Maybe "best BJs given to members of the press" ??? (the pun was intended)
?? Best Bolt Jobs given to the press?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I definitely do expect more to come up as they get distributed. But lol, I'll have to admit that pun went over my head. Kinda slow this morning it seems haha.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I definitely do expect more to come up as they get distributed. But lol, I'll have to admit that pun went over my head. Kinda slow this morning it seems haha.
I just wouldn't expect that much more going forward especially once these are in the hands of consumers which at that point publications typically die off on coverage completely.

At that point it will be just up to us and the few publications doing long-term test drives .

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I'm expecting the few members here who are from the two states getting them first will have a sort of long range test thread on the forum. Publications are great but they generally get a vehicle for a day or two for testing.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think Left Lane news (correct me if I'm wrong) does long-term testing as well though. They actually put it through a series of testing too. Filling the trunk to capacity, driving it in different conditions and areas, etc.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I think Left Lane news (correct me if I'm wrong) does long-term testing as well though. They actually put it through a series of testing too. Filling the trunk to capacity, driving it in different conditions and areas, etc.
Correct, they have one on the current Volt right now for anyone interested. It's also a good look at the sort of information we'll have available come time for the Bolt's Long Term Review:

http://www.edmunds.com/chevrolet/volt/2016/long-term-road-test/

·
Registered
55 Posts
Correct, they have one on the current Volt right now for anyone interested. It's also a good look at the sort of information we'll have available come time for the Bolt's Long Term Review:

http://www.edmunds.com/chevrolet/volt/2016/long-term-road-test/
Perfect. I find the most useful information from a publication comes from long-term testing. Sitting in a car for a few hours really doesn't tell you anything which is why majority of them just read a spec sheet and put in some fancy adjectives and metaphors.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts