Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Nice idea, but completely fails to get the point across. The obvious missing shots are plugging in the Bolt at a charging station, carefree driving on the country highway in the Bolt and maybe some solar panels and wind turbines. The way it is, it makes you wonder what the point was because all you know at the end is Chevrolet (which is an established big idea) and Bolt which just looks like an ordinary car. It requires the viewer to go and research what a Bolt is to get the point.

Almost a good ad, but not quite ready. I'm assuming this is a fan spot, or maybe a student spec ad? Doesn't have the polish of a GM ad.

·
Registered
392 Posts
meh dont know wat it means.....kind of meaningless. certainly if I saw this ad I would not have given the bolt a second look. What about the carefree fun of driving, almost without limits! Driving, oblivious to gas stations ..... Maybe a little zippy action.

·
Registered
641 Posts
That's the most indirect ad I've ever seen. I watched it and saw almost no connection at all to the Bolt. If that's how Chevy is spending advertising dollars for the Bolt, they won't be selling many.

Fire the agency that made this "ad"!

·
Registered
121 Posts
That's the most indirect ad I've ever seen. I watched it and saw almost no connection at all to the Bolt. If that's how Chevy is spending advertising dollars for the Bolt, they won't be selling many.

Fire the agency that made this "ad"!
It's a student project for a journalism class.

·
Registered
979 Posts
That one for Korea is great. When I look at the image in your post on my laptop. I see an advertisement at the bottom of it, for a Lincoln Navigator ! I must have eaten a bad "cookie" somewhere. LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
That one for Korea is great. When I look at the image in your post on my laptop. I see an advertisement at the bottom of it, for a Lincoln Navigator ! I must have eaten a bad "cookie" somewhere. LOL
Interesting. The Korean ad image is viewable on my comment because it is linked to CleanTechnica dot com. And when I view the photo, it's ad free.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yes Good ad, we need something like this in the US.
Every time I tell people about the Bolt EV, they confuse it with the "Volt". I'm sure many have experienced this too. :D

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes Good ad, we need something like this in the US.
Every time I tell people about the Bolt EV, they confuse it with the "Volt". I'm sure many have experienced this too. :D
Maybe I'll start telling people that my Bolt has a range extender and leave it at that.

First questions people ask, how long does it take to charge? what do you do if you're on a long trip? what about the following improbable scenario that you likely never would encounter just to make a point that electric vehicles are stupid and I won't let them have my ICE until they pry it from my cold dead hands.

I remember my first digital camera. Everyone asked, how do you print the photos? I don't have to, that's the whole point.

Or my paperless office. What if your computer crashes?

New technologies freak people out. But then they will all buy a home speaker that potentially records and listens to everything they say. I give up. I'll enjoy my Bolt like all great technologies before it. Just wait for gas to hit $4/gallon and we'll see the sudden transformation.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I have always thought that the Korean Floor6 Productions ad was spot on! I even told GM that. Here the Chevy Canada ad that made me throw up. It further perpetuates the stereotypical buyer of EV cars. Treehuggers! As if only treehuggers buy electric cars! Definately and anti-ad to me.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts