Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
An Audi 2.0 TFSI will beat a Bolt when unleashed. Most of them come ECM leashed down as the kid found out. I've done the same thing to one of those kids.

Agree about distance races really proving things out. Going very fast for three and a half seconds doesn't really prove much that is related to real world driving. But it is kind of the final frontier.

In 2013 an electric two wheeler beat out all the gas ones at Pike's Peak. After that I knew it was only a matter of time until it happened on four wheels. Took five years.. IMO it makes perfect sense electrics should do well as race vehicles. Race engines are not cheap, production car engines are. Its the same reason why its easier to market a $120k EV versus a $30k EV. The scaling versus ice just makes more sense at a higher price point. At least for the time being.

If I'm not mistaken, the "electric two-wheeler" was a Lightning motorcycle. $40k. 218mph, 200HP, 160mi range.

Now where did I put that "spare" forty grand again?

·
Registered
64 Posts

next time: give them a run for their money up to about 25mph and then slam the brakes, let them tear off making a total ass of themselves racing nobody and making a bunch of shitty ICE noise all the way. It's called The Back To The Future III Method

·
Registered
327 Posts
(...)My friend has a GTi and I'm trying to set up a race at our local 1/8 Drag Strip Friday night, stray tuned...
The race is ON for tomorrow night, I'll take some pictures and videos and make sure to get the pictures of the time slips. We'll be at the Racelegal event at the SDCCU Stadium if the San Diego EV crew wants to spectate...

·
Registered
699 Posts
The race is ON for tomorrow night, I'll take some pictures and videos and make sure to get the pictures of the time slips. We'll be at the Racelegal event at the SDCCU Stadium if the San Diego EV crew wants to spectate...
This is awesome, go get em! Can’t wait to see your videos once they’re up. Would’ve definitely done my best to check it out in person if not for the 2,639 mile drive. (I actually plugged in the venue on Google Maps just for kicks.)

·
Registered
1,250 Posts

• next time: give them a run for their money up to about 25mph and then slam the brakes, let them tear off making a total ass of themselves racing nobody and making a bunch of shitty ICE noise all the way. It's called The Back To The Future III Method

• :laugh: I don't know why I'm laughing cause I like the sound of a roaring engine every so often. It's been ingrained into me by society.

Go white lightning!

·
Registered
327 Posts
This is awesome, go get em! Can’t wait to see your videos once they’re up. Would’ve definitely done my best to check it out in person if not for the 2,639 mile drive. (I actually plugged in the venue on Google Maps just for kicks.)
(...)Go white lightning!
I created a thread about my Drag Racing experience !

https://www.chevybolt.org/forum/154-what-did-you-do-your-chevy-bolt-ev-today/29183-i-went-drag-racing-bolt.html#post425885

61 - 66 of 66 Posts