Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

TFL has made a short (7 minute) video that compares the Chevy Bolt to the Nissan Leaf. The Leaf is cheaper but has less range and isn't very fun to drive.

“Being the leader in range and affordability means nothing if the car isn’t going to excite you each time you get behind the wheel,” said Josh Tavel, Chevrolet Bolt EV chief engineer. “That’s why the team was tasked with delivering a propulsion system that would also make the Bolt EV an electric vehicle that owners would love to drive.”
The Bolt gets more than 200 miles of range. The Leaf gets 107 miles of range. That's the Leaf's biggest problem.

Check out the video! Cheers!

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Admittedly, I do like the Leaf's bumper design a bit more but that's pretty much it. The new tech in the Bolt along with the extended range wins hands down.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Another benefit to the Bolt is the fact it will see a ton of fleet sales and over the long haul that matters since parts will be easier to come by along with being cheaper.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
That's way into the future and do people keep electric cars long enough to need to poach parts?
For now, the bolt may be the next fleet car and replace Nissan's leaf. Give a pretty good boost to Chevy's sales numbers.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Fair enough. how long do you think the battery will last, or at least how long will it continue to hold a charge that keeps it range the same?

·
Registered
639 Posts
Tough to say, i'd say at least a few years at worst. I think there are a lot of factors that come into play, so someone might see it last much longer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts