Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
  • Hey Guest, welcome to ChevyBolt.org. We encourage you to register to engage in conversations about your Bolt.

Chevy Bolt will arrive in late 2016

9K views 27 replies 5 participants last post by  Bazinga 
#1 ·
The Chevrolet Bolt is planned to start production next year. It is going to be produced at a small-car plant north of Detroit with a planned run of 25,000 to 30,000 cars per year. The Bolt will most likely be produced in the same factory as the Chevy Sonic and Buick Verano. That factory has been operating below capacity recently.

By the time the Chevy Bolt makes production it may be competing with the Tesla Model 3 as well, depending on if Tesla is able to get that model on the market according to their own time table.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2015/02/chevrolet-bolt-to-arrive-in-late-2016-report.html

#4 ·
The Tesla car is vapor ware at this point. Its one thing making high dollar low volume cars for wealthier clientele...its another thing all together being held to the opinions of the lowest common denominator, delaer networks supporting the mass aspect of the 3, not to mention a distribution channel system and the small caveat of actually producing them in significant volume...somewhere...

#6 ·
Tesla has been ok to this point because they're dealing in low volume high margin product, once you dip down to $30K you're playing the volume game, I don't see Tesla with the scale to operate efficiently and healthily down at those levels...

I think thats why you're seeing them feet dragging...

#8 ·
There will be growing pains at first for Tesla, but they will have to make a big move like this if they want to really grow and not stay as a smaller car company. They are building factories and making the investments. It's just a matter of having all those investments returning dividends in a timely fashion.

#10 ·
Much of Tesla's success isn't success as a car company, its success selling shares...Wall street is starting to see the cracks in the armour... like for instance predicting earnings of 35 Billion by 2025... Thats selling 8 million plus cars at 10% profit margin...

Let me put it to you this way, Largest Automakers by sales 2014

Toyota: 10,285,546 (1.7% growth)
Volkswagen : 10,140,000 (4.2% growth)
GM: 9,924,880 (2.2% growth)
Nissan Renault Alliance: 8,470,610 (2.5% growth)
Hyundai Group: 7,869,634 (5.2% growth)
Ford: 6,323,000 (-0.1% growth)

Tesla sold 17,000 cars in 2014... to put THAT in perspective Tesla will need to achieve FIVE THOUSAND PERCENT GROWTH (YES 5,000%) over the next 10 years to achieve that absurd goal...

#9 ·
Suppliers say the Bolt qwill be in stores for q1 2017, meaning production begins in late 2016...

"The message from consumers about the Bolt EV concept was clear and unequivocal: Build it," GM North America President Alan Batey said in prepared remarks at the Chicago auto show.

Supplier sources told Reuters that Bolt production will start in October 2016 and sales would likely begin in early 2017.

#13 ·
I just think about how fast some companies have grown. Apple for example. 10 years ago there was no iPhone.

All I'm saying is that Tesla could see explosive growth, not that it is necessarily going to.

Really I do think that the stock price is just way to high riding on Elon Musk's personality and Tesla's brand.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.