Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
181 - 190 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Bolt EV Premier
153 Posts
For those in Durham Region (Ontario), Canadian Tire has Michelin X-ice in our stock size on sale (depending on store).
just purchased 4, taxes + tire levy for just over $600. Best price I could find right now

·
Registered
2017 Chevrolt Bolt EV
1,096 Posts
According to the manufacturer the 17" version weighs 22lbs... same as the OEM Premier wheel.

https://www.racelinewheels.com/p-929-198b-vector.aspx

Aerodynamic... what do I know from aerodynamic? How aero can they be when they're packed with snow and ice that I can't even remove with an ice pick?

Honestly, they look even better in person... actually I like them better than the stock Premier wheels.

Rub how did those Yokohamas work for you ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well, a few days after I brought my 2017 Bolt home, I got it stuck in icy snow right at the end of my driveway. It high-centered, took a loonnngg time to dig out and get it free. Afterward I saw that a bit of plastic covering the innards beneath the vehicle, just behind the front axle, had been ripped partly free. I'm getting that sorted at the dealer next week.

But what to do about traction? And can I do anything about height/ clearance? I've been reading through this forum. Costco has the Blizzaks, I could get those. Or order another brand online.
Should I get (could I get?) bigger tires/ wheels to raise the car?
I live in Southeast Alaska- wet coastal climate. All winter we get a mix of rain, snow, slush, and ice, as temps fluctuate between 10-40F. While precipitation keeps falling most of the time. My winter commute is nice and short (less than 10m round trip with a stop at the grocery store) so I'm not too worried about reducing my range.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you may have.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Winter is coming again… I'm new to the Bolt, it I ran General Altimax Arctics on my Outback and can’t say enough good things about them. I couldn’t get the. In the right size for my Abarth, so I ran Pirelli Snowcontrol Serie 3 on it, but it was primarily a sport tire, and a winter tire second. Not sure if I will end up putting winter tires on the Bolt this year, but if and when I do, I’m going back to the Altimax Arctics.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thinking about getting this combo for my 2018 Premier, from CanadaWheels.ca. Can anybody confirm if this looks like it will fit? Thanks!

Font Rectangle Screenshot Software Electronic device

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have a set of Michelin XIce Xi3 tires off of my Fusion Hybrid in a 225/50/17 I'm thinking of using on my '22 EUV (which takes 215/50/17). While I know that the speedo/odo readings will be marginally off and I realize that we've probably had little experience with winters on EUVs at this point, I was wondering if anyone had experience with a 225/50/17 on an EV?

My only concern is clearance and, from what I've been able to garner, it doesn't look like it should be an issues. However, hearing from someone who's actually fit them on the vehicle would be helpful.

181 - 190 of 190 Posts