Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not literally green but the plant is eighth largest user of onsite green energy in the US. 54% of the plant is powered by clean energy from its onsite landfill gas energy system and a 350-kW solar array. Makes sense to promote their green agenda with an all electric vehicle produced in a plant that uses renewable energy. It also saves them $1 million a year in energy costs.

Just thought this was interesting and wanted to share.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Thanks for sharing. That I see as extremely helpful and supporting to them. Producing an electric vehicle in a highly eco-friendly facility just goes hand in hand and it makes sense. That savings is probably minuscule to them but hey, saving anything is better than nothing, and it's helpful to the environment which is more rewarding

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have to agree with above comment about our planet and its enviroment. Those of us who do care need to make up for the under-informed amoung us. I'd love to drive an EV.

Here in Pittsburgh we are blessed/cursed with a very hilly topography. The torgue of any EV, and especially the Bolt, will really come in handy.

I've been filling gas tanks for over 50 years. And I'am tired of burning dinosaur juice in my vehicles.

I'll probably be the first in my extended family to own an EV, though my nieces husband rides an electric motorcycle.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm just tired of paying for dinosaur juice, used to only cost around $40-50 to fully fuel up my tank from almost empty and not ti costs me around $70. It adds up and the maintenece stinks.

Can't wait for the Bolt to come out and maybe if it's successful, GM will try to increase the % of green energy the plant uses. could be their new designated clean energy plant that'll slowly spread to their other plants.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I really think it'll catch on. Their gonna start getting public "Kudos" for trying to become more green on such a vast level and the other manufacturers are going to want to follow trend

·
Registered
45 Posts
This is note is for Electro. I'm too technically challenged to send a personal note about my nieces' husband's bike.
It is a 2012 Zero S. He still loves riding it and said he had a problem with the controller that was fixed under warranty.

Hope this is what you wanted

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Definitely, and thank you very much ! Those things are super cool. Instant torque, top speed of somewhere around 90mph or something. Very cool, and reasonably priced for what it is.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Electric motorcycles just doesn't have enough range IMO, especially since it is a vehicle for leisurely rides which could go on for more than 100 miles in a day depending on how you ride.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
That is one issue.. but I find there more for city use and commuting rather than long cruises or anything of that sort. With an average of 90 miles combined range, that's pretty much what you're limited to

·
Registered
730 Posts
Electric motorcycles just doesn't have enough range IMO, especially since it is a vehicle for leisurely rides which could go on for more than 100 miles in a day depending on how you ride.
What does help if you plan it out well enough, you'll find that there's enough places to charge up an electric scooter. That if you live in a city and work in an office and even live in a condo/house, then you have a lot of opportunities to charge.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I actually didn't think about that. But electric scooters have been out for a very long time which makes sense as to why there are more accessible places for charging purposes. They're different from a car charging port I guess ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts