Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just read that the current offers for leasing and financing on the Chevy Bolt are set to expire on January 3rd 2017.

Currently in CA and OR you can lease the Bolt LT for $359 for 36 months with $1,099 due at signing. This allows for 15,000 miles a year OR you can Chevy will offer a finance rate to a well-qualified shopper at 2.9% APR for 60 months or 4.9% APR at 72 months.

So when they say the offers will expire, does that mean the interest rates will go up or the prices will go up?

Finance APR Offer

Chevrolet is offered well-qualified shoppers 2.9 percent APR for 60 months or 4.9 percent APR for 72 months on any Bolt EV model.

By comparison, the Bowtie is offering 0 percent APR on the Volt and most other Chevy models. As such, it’s likely that the Bolt will see a more competitive rate in the coming months.

Lease Offer

December marks the first month that Chevrolet has introduced a lease offer on the Bolt EV, with shoppers in California and Oregon having the ability to lease a Bolt LT from $359 for 36 months with $1,099 due at signing.

The lease allows for 15,000 miles per year of usage, which is significantly more than rivals.

According to CarsDirect, the effective lease cost of this lease program is $390/month, which makes it cheaper than the BMW i3 ($396 per month). However, the the Bolt is more expensive to lease than the 2017 Volt: in California and Northeast regions, the Volt LT leases from $261 for 39 months with $500 due at signing, which translates to an effective cost of $274/month.

The above offers are available in Southern California, but may vary in other markets, so it’s always a good idea to check your local incentives or with your local dealer.

Potential $500 Discount

Though Chevrolet doesn’t have any factory discounts or incentives on the Bolt EV just yet, General Motors typically offers a $500 bonus for current lessees of a GM vehicle or a competing automaker. The offer is typically applicable to most GM models, but the Bolt isn’t one of them just yet.

However, industry analysts believe that such an offer is on its way. In fact, Chevy started the offer on the Volt earlier in 2016.

Expiration

Currently, most Chevy offers are set to expire January 3, 2017. And though General Motors will likely release holiday deals on popular models, it’s not likely to release any new offers on the Bolt EV before the New Year.

Bolt EV Benefits

With over 200 miles of electric driving couples with the latest in-vehicle technology and safety equipment, the new Chevy Bolt EV is quite attractive as far as vehicle purchases go. And that’s not to mention secondary benefits such as:

Clean Vehicle Rebate on most electric vehicles offered by the state of California
A $7,500 Federal Tax Credit for qualified buyers offered by the IRS
Single-occupant use of the carpool lane offered by the California DMV
So, if you’re interested in a new Chevy Bolt, then run to a Chevy Bolt dealer and either get yours, or place an order for one.
http://gmauthority.com/blog/2016/12/2017-chevrolet-bolt-ev-lease-finance-apr-deals-official/

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I think the expiration is for the APR financing option and not the lease. They're pretty general in the article and didn't point out anything specific.

·
Super Moderator
2,067 Posts
Just read that the current offers for leasing and financing on the Chevy Bolt are set to expire on January 3rd 2017.

Currently in CA and OR you can lease the Bolt LT for $359 for 36 months with $1,099 due at signing. This allows for 15,000 miles a year OR you can Chevy will offer a finance rate to a well-qualified shopper at 2.9% APR for 60 months or 4.9% APR at 72 months.

So when they say the offers will expire, does that mean the interest rates will go up or the prices will go up? As for prices? They could go down...OR up. Or stay the same.
For the Bolt, the prices will gradually get better I'm thinking as demand is satisfied.

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2016/12/2017-chevrolet-bolt-ev-lease-finance-apr-deals-official/
Lease offers for all vehicles are always only valid till the end of the current sales month. Once the next month rolls around, the lease offer is updated.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, if that's the case, why do they make a big fuss about it.. I'll never understand these publications

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
I'm pretty sure I can get a better finance rate than that in the new year. I'm still leaning towards buying rather than leasing.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
They could be making a big deal out of the offers ending to drive up the end of year sales. I'm sure perseverance and negotiating will get you a better deal, especially if you plan to buy the Bolt. Someone mentioned that if GM doesn’t meet CARB sales targets, they'll have to lower the numbers to increase sales.

·
Super Moderator
2,067 Posts
What are the odds that they won't hit the sales target ?
Whatever that number actually is, pretty low. From my research, many dealer have already sold out their initial allotments. I have a feeling they will need to crank up production at the Orion factory.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Of course they do, but if the demand is real high and they can't supply them within good time, it would make sense that they would increase production and start sending out more to the dealers

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Likely the biggest challenge to meeting an unknown demand for this car is gauging battery pack production. GM is dependent on a third party for this key piece and they may not have the flexibility GM does with the rest of the car.

·
Registered
735 Posts
At least if they don't hit those sales numbers it won't mean anything negative for how they're moving parts, the Bolt is sold elsewhere under Chevy's brand for foreign countries.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Forgot about the batteries being produced outside. LG Chem produces batteries for other manufacturers too as well don't they? So if their production isn't up to speed to supply everyone, everyone gets held back.

·
Registered
39 Posts
GM has a priority supplier contract with LG Chem. It began with the Volt and was expanded for the Bolt. LG has the capacity to supply at least 20,000 Bolt battery packs in the first 12 months.

Let's also remember that the Bolt is a rollout, not a launch. Demand is less of a factor until all the Bolt-certified dealers are supplied. Maybe July?

·
Registered
735 Posts
GM has a priority supplier contract with LG Chem. It began with the Volt and was expanded for the Bolt. LG has the capacity to supply at least 20,000 Bolt battery packs in the first 12 months.

Let's also remember that the Bolt is a rollout, not a launch. Demand is less of a factor until all the Bolt-certified dealers are supplied. Maybe July?
I heard LG will be supplying batteries to Samsung with their next series of Note phones so that means even more money for LG, which for us might mean that much more of a reliable/dependable battery source with all that extra cash flow.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
With how much money LG Chem is getting from various contracts, I'm sure they can expand to meed demands. Lucid Motors signed an agreement with LG Chem too, add that to the companies other customers like Chrysler and you've got a battery production powerhouse.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
How big is their facility to be able to meet the demands of all of the contracts they have currently? Has there ever been word of them attempting to expand or making plans to in order to more efficiently? I would ask how much they're capable of producing but of course their providing different sizes of batteries for different companies

1 - 19 of 19 Posts