Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chevy has delayed the release of the new Volt in 39 states.

The Volt will be available in California first. It will then be released in 11 more states: Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maryland, Maine, New Hampshire, New jersey, New York, Oregon, Rhode Island and Vermont.

Production for California has just started, and production for the other states will begin in October of 2016. Production for the rest of the US will begin in February 2016. Those final states to receive the Volt will see it as a 2017 model.

“Chevrolet has a shortened model year for the 2016 Chevy Volt that will have a limited distribution network,” a Chevy spokeman told AutoblogGreen. “The 2016 Volt will be sold in our strongest EREV markets. The 2017 Chevrolet Volt will begin production early this spring and will be available throughout the country.”
I would guess that we could see a similar roll out schedule for the Bolt when it is due for release.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I'd expect a similar release for the Bolt. Only time i'd expect different is with a change in the market but the Volt already represents the current state of things.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I don't think the Chevy Bolt will see a shortened model year because it's designed to be one of the higher performing all electric vehicles and that's the direction that electric consumers are moving towards. Hybrids are a lot more common and harder to compete with other automotive companies than the Chevrolet Bolt with it's promised 300 kilometers.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think its just a matter of production capacity. It makes more sense for them to release the first batch to states that are more likely to have high consumer interest, and then start delivering to other states later. They aren't going to devote a huge amount of production capacity for a vehicle like the Bolt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts