Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Autoworldnews.com posted an article about the Chevy Volt vs the Chevy Bolt. Now this isn't a competitive comparison but more of a looking at the differences. The verdict at the end is essentially ideal where they state that you choose what fits your needs. They aren't competitors but they compliment the range.

http://www.autoworldnews.com/articles/34206/20170311/battle-chevy-evs-chevrolet-volt-vs-bolt.htm

The Volt has more lateral cargo space behind its sloped hatchback. The EV has more vertical space like an SUV
http://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=81&v=TX4P92Hqd3Q

·
Registered
735 Posts
Interior space is a big one it what immediately made me consider the Bolt but that's how Chevy positioned these, hence the whole demographic make up which if you really look at it then all these moves were smart.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Well one is a hybrid, so there's that. It's more of what kind of style and power-train you want, so it's somewhat baffling as to why Auto World is making it a competition between the two models.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well one is a hybrid, so there's that. It's more of what kind of style and power-train you want, so it's somewhat baffling as to why Auto World is making it a competition between the two models.
The two should not be competitors
They aren't saying it's a competition between the models. It's more of a breaking down the differences and comparing them. Comparisons aren't always in a competitive format.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I don't think they are competitors. If you want a PHEV, the Volt is the most EV capable PHEV(I like the term EREV better) on the road, and if you want an affordable EV with a excellent range the Bolt is the best car on the road.

Now if you are questioning whether you can live with a full EV or not that is a different story. That all depends on you and your lifestyle. Not something an article like that can really answer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts