Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to access the chevy/onstar site for the bolt for a couple of days with no success. Does this link work for anyone else? https://my.chevrolet.com/

The phone app still works normally, but I will feel a lot better knowing it is just not me with internet troubles.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you that was the ticket. I think my Chrome ad-blocker is being a pain in the ass. The dreaded internet explorer opened the site without issue.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
How does my last 30 days of driving compare to the community? It has been cold here in the St. Louis area so my efficiency should improve in a month or so.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
How does my last 30 days of driving compare to the community? It has been cold here in the St. Louis area so my efficiency should improve in a month or so.
First, both the website and the Chevy app are terrible for giving accurate data. The app is okay for efficiency “Since Full Charge”, but the “Lifetime” figure is wrong. Almost nothing on the website is right.

I've been in sufficiently excited about the whole EV experience that I've been recording data from the car before plugging into charge every time, so I have accurate data.

In January, I put 765.8 miles on the car, using 188.4 kWh, getting 4.065 miles/kWh (24.6 kWh/100 miles).

In February, I put 722.4 miles on the car, using 161.7 kWh, getting 4.44 miles/kWh (22.5 kWh/100 miles).

So far in March, I've put 177.5 miles on the car, using 40.5 kWh, getting 4.38 miles/kWh. (22.8 kWh/100 miles).

My overall average is 4.21 miles/kWh (23.7 kWh/100 miles).

(And yes, where I live winters are pretty mild.)

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Normally, it takes four or five times for the website to find our Bolt. Two days ago, it was hopeless. I called and spoke to a nice customer service guy, who said he would pass my concern on to the IT group. It was working yesterday, and it worked just now.

Our lifetime electric economy just went to 31 kWh/100 mi. It has been at 30 kWh/100 mi for the last month. I think that number is correct. But it, and the lifetime electric miles, are the only accurate numbers. I have kept the 8 monthly reports from OnStar. The mileage/month, and the total lifetime mileage add up, and match the car's odo. I reset the trip efficiency every drive. But from the reports, our monthly kWh/100 mi, starting in July, has been 27, 27, 23, 26, 32, 35, 44, 35, which gives a lifetime average of 31.125, so matching the website.

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
I, like everyone else, have had problems with the site for most of year we have had our Bolt. They have had a case number for us since May, and we periodically get calls from a nice woman who assures me the engineers are working on the problems. We got a call from her this afternoon saying they have fixed the site, and we should clear our cache, and try it. We have had assurances before that things were fixed, but it never seems that much better, and doesn't last very long.

I just tried it, and am blown away. Not only did it all load up, and find the car immediately, which it has never done, but they actually have redone the graphics, and the historical info seems to all be there, and correct for our entire year of ownership....something which we could never actually get to come up before. CHECK IT OUT!

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I, like everyone else, have had problems with the site for most of year we have had our Bolt. They have had a case number for us since May, and we periodically get calls from a nice woman who assures me the engineers are working on the problems. We got a call from her this afternoon saying they have fixed the site, and we should clear our cache, and try it. We have had assurances before that things were fixed, but it never seems that much better, and doesn't last very long.

I just tried it, and am blown away. Not only did it all load up, and find the car immediately, which it has never done, but they actually have redone the graphics, and the historical info seems to all be there, and correct for our entire year of ownership....something which we could never actually get to come up before. CHECK IT OUT!

I note that the charge info is now on a separate page. It updates much more quickly than it used to, and the data appears accurate except...it indicates that my Bolt is charging from 120V, when in fact it's on a Versacharge at 240V. Check yours to see if that's the case, too.

Also, why do I still need to update mileage myself, when it's available below on the very same page? I don't get it.

The Android MyChevrolet app seems to be working better, too.

Nevertheless, it's much, much, much better. :D
Bravo, software team!

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
I note that the charge info is now on a separate page. It updates much more quickly than it used to, and the data appears accurate except...it indicates that my Bolt is charging from 120V, when in fact it's on a Versacharge at 240V. Check yours to see if that's the case, too.

Also, why do I still need to update mileage myself, when it's available below on the very same page? I don't get it.

The Android MyChevrolet app seems to be working better, too.

Nevertheless, it's much, much, much better. :D
Bravo, software team!

Yeah. Every time I talked to support I asked them what the point of having a place for me to update mileage was, when it was done automatically further down the page. Nobody had a clue.

I just went out and plugged ours in. The website shows we are charging, and the same completion time shown in the car, but it also thinks we are charging on 120 volts...odd.

The app knows I am charging, and when it will finish also, but doesn't show what type of charging is going on.

I have mentioned before that the app can find the chargers in near us, but only identifies the 240 volt EVSEs. The DC fast chargers it says are "Charging station incompatible."

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Yeah. Every time I talked to support I asked them what the point of having a place for me to update mileage was, when it was done automatically further down the page. Nobody had a clue.

I just went out and plugged ours in. The website shows we are charging, and the same completion time shown in the car, but it also thinks we are charging on 120 volts...odd.

The app knows I am charging, and when it will finish also, but doesn't show what type of charging is going on.

I have mentioned before that the app can find the chargers in near us, but only identifies the 240 volt EVSEs. The DC fast chargers it says are "Charging station incompatible."

Good to know it's not just me.:)

·
Registered
59 Posts
I noticed today july 26 that the website is missing the battery charge info / it was always hit or miss whether it could report the info but today I noticed that section is gone ? I only use the website so no idea if it works on the app

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
I noticed today july 26 that the website is missing the battery charge info / it was always hit or miss whether it could report the info but today I noticed that section is gone ? I only use the website so no idea if it works on the app

It has its own page now with much more information. Hit the blue bar right below the picture of your car, labeled CHARGING STATS AND HISTORY.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts

I just tried it, and it’s still buggy. Some of my 12-month history data is unavailable, and the 30-day MPGE readings are between 250 mpge and 750 mpge!

I wish!

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
The 120 volt thing is a bug for sure. The MPGe data is total junk, but I don't think in those units anyway.

Did anybody download the Complete Efficiency History? It skipped July, when we owned it for 13 days, and hasn't included July 2018 yet. But the kWh for the other eleven months are there, out to two decimal places. What I find troubling is that the total kWh, and mileage numbers, from the site, don't match the monthly emails they send me. The emails come before the end of the month, so are clearly not for actual calendar months, but you would think the totals for eleven months would line up.

What's worse, no data, or bad data? :-(

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
You can download the 12 month history (which shows up as blank on the web page) as an excel file... that does work.
The month column shows "invalid date" but just use "fill series" starting with the top cell as 8/2017 and fill to the last cell that has data- you'll see the full monthly history at that point. I also added a column that takes my total kWh usage and multiplies it by 23 cents (our $$$$$ high electric rate on Long Island) so I get my total cost/month.

PS... you can also see that July 2018 is not complete yet (I also have reduced usage since I only work 4 days/week for July & Aug).

1 - 20 of 29 Posts