Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
  • Hey Guest, welcome to ChevyBolt.org. We encourage you to register to engage in conversations about your Bolt.

Chevy website troubles

8K views 37 replies 16 participants last post by  GJETSON 
#1 ·
I have been trying to access the chevy/onstar site for the bolt for a couple of days with no success. Does this link work for anyone else? https://my.chevrolet.com/

The phone app still works normally, but I will feel a lot better knowing it is just not me with internet troubles.

#2 ·
I was just able to log in to the link you provided.

Maybe try a different browser?

#10 ·
Normally, it takes four or five times for the website to find our Bolt. Two days ago, it was hopeless. I called and spoke to a nice customer service guy, who said he would pass my concern on to the IT group. It was working yesterday, and it worked just now.

Our lifetime electric economy just went to 31 kWh/100 mi. It has been at 30 kWh/100 mi for the last month. I think that number is correct. But it, and the lifetime electric miles, are the only accurate numbers. I have kept the 8 monthly reports from OnStar. The mileage/month, and the total lifetime mileage add up, and match the car's odo. I reset the trip efficiency every drive. But from the reports, our monthly kWh/100 mi, starting in July, has been 27, 27, 23, 26, 32, 35, 44, 35, which gives a lifetime average of 31.125, so matching the website.

#11 ·
I, like everyone else, have had problems with the site for most of year we have had our Bolt. They have had a case number for us since May, and we periodically get calls from a nice woman who assures me the engineers are working on the problems. We got a call from her this afternoon saying they have fixed the site, and we should clear our cache, and try it. We have had assurances before that things were fixed, but it never seems that much better, and doesn't last very long.

I just tried it, and am blown away. Not only did it all load up, and find the car immediately, which it has never done, but they actually have redone the graphics, and the historical info seems to all be there, and correct for our entire year of ownership....something which we could never actually get to come up before. CHECK IT OUT!

#12 · (Edited)
I, like everyone else, have had problems with the site for most of year we have had our Bolt. They have had a case number for us since May, and we periodically get calls from a nice woman who assures me the engineers are working on the problems. We got a call from her this afternoon saying they have fixed the site, and we should clear our cache, and try it. We have had assurances before that things were fixed, but it never seems that much better, and doesn't last very long.

I just tried it, and am blown away. Not only did it all load up, and find the car immediately, which it has never done, but they actually have redone the graphics, and the historical info seems to all be there, and correct for our entire year of ownership....something which we could never actually get to come up before. CHECK IT OUT!

I note that the charge info is now on a separate page. It updates much more quickly than it used to, and the data appears accurate except...it indicates that my Bolt is charging from 120V, when in fact it's on a Versacharge at 240V. Check yours to see if that's the case, too.

Also, why do I still need to update mileage myself, when it's available below on the very same page? I don't get it.

The Android MyChevrolet app seems to be working better, too.

Nevertheless, it's much, much, much better. :D
Bravo, software team!

#19 ·
The 120 volt thing is a bug for sure. The MPGe data is total junk, but I don't think in those units anyway.

Did anybody download the Complete Efficiency History? It skipped July, when we owned it for 13 days, and hasn't included July 2018 yet. But the kWh for the other eleven months are there, out to two decimal places. What I find troubling is that the total kWh, and mileage numbers, from the site, don't match the monthly emails they send me. The emails come before the end of the month, so are clearly not for actual calendar months, but you would think the totals for eleven months would line up.

What's worse, no data, or bad data? :-(

#20 ·
You can download the 12 month history (which shows up as blank on the web page) as an excel file... that does work.
The month column shows "invalid date" but just use "fill series" starting with the top cell as 8/2017 and fill to the last cell that has data- you'll see the full monthly history at that point. I also added a column that takes my total kWh usage and multiplies it by 23 cents (our $$$$$ high electric rate on Long Island) so I get my total cost/month.

PS... you can also see that July 2018 is not complete yet (I also have reduced usage since I only work 4 days/week for July & Aug).

#28 ·
The lifetime data/efficiency has never been accurate since we bought the Bolt, so I don't even pay attention to it on the app or website. Still shows our lifetime is 3.2-3.3'ish efficiency; hasn't moved much since we bought the car. Other than one road trip where we avg'd 3.5 efficiency, we have always gotten at least 4.0+ mi/kwh between charges. So i know whatever data Chevrolet is using is not pulling everything or at least not accurately.

#30 ·
Yeah. I know this is an old thread. But I think it is useful to see just how far we have come with the Chevy website. Looking back over the posts on here, over the last three years, folks have mainly complained about how the car info was wrong, and/or didn't match the app. As of this morning, all that has been fixed. GM sends you to their new EV specific page, and there is a button that says Connected. It doesn't actually do anything, and they removed the car connected stuff at least a month ago anyway. You now have to go to the phone app to see the car's charge status, and there isn't any charging history that I can find. Maybe you have to pay OnStar for the data now.

The biggest frustration, for me, is that the phone app has never worked, with our car in the driveway. You have to drive at least a mile down the road for it to find a cell tower. Even then, it will work about 50% of the time. The website is (or at least was) much more reliable.

#38 ·
I "fixed" the app yesterday. The connecting arrow went around and around, as it does about half the time when trying to connect to the car when my wife is out driving. Normally, the only way I can get it to stop, and get out of the app, is to turn off my data connection. Out of desperation, I went into the app manager instead, and did a forced stop. It warned me the app might act squirrely if I did, but it always does that anyway, so I had nothing to lose. The connecting arrow stopped, and disappeared. I was able to use the app. Even better, I just now used the forced stop to get it to connect in our detached garage...something it almost never does.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.