21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
This^
The glass is clean and streak-free when it is completely dry, and the “absorber” is dry.
I spent my off-hours while going to college being a commercial janitor of executive suites. The best and cheapest cleaner is ammonia diluted with water. Believe it or not, what is used for the absorber doesn’t even have to be perfectly clean. The action of getting all the liquid off the glass turns whatever is being used into a polisher.

I used small Terry towels with a spray bottle of mostly water and a small amount of commercial grade ammonia which is also in a water solution. But it’s extremely powerful ammonia: if you take a whiff of the bottle, you will immediately tear-up. Even worse is the ammonia used for blueprint toner. That stuff is like the ammonia equivalent of sulfuric acid is to acids.
There are a lot of good cleaning tips here for the cleaning part.
I use an ordinary Swiffer dry mop head applicator to attach microfiber towel!!
The swivel and rotating head allows you to stand outside your car and easily clean.
No more inside contortions and struggling to clean by hand!!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Been using a squeegee on the inside of the windshield for years and I won’t go back. The thing I don’t like is the water dripping onto the dash, so I spread out a towel to catch the residue.

Reactions: Boltage Meter
21 - 25 of 25 Posts