Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there any way to clear error codes with a tool? after i put my center console back together, i'm getting the "service engine soon" light on the dash. probably because i powered it up while the console was apart to test out the wireless charger, and it detected something was missing. everything seems to be working.

would disconnecting the 12v battery for a while clear them, or just cause more?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
is there any way to clear error codes with a tool? after i put my center console back together, i'm getting the "service engine soon" light on the dash. probably because i powered it up while the console was apart to test out the wireless charger, and it detected something was missing. everything seems to be working.

would disconnecting the 12v battery for a while clear them, or just cause more?
Scan tool ='s Yes. Dico battery ="s No :nerd:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Reset OBD Codes

You can reset a one-time code by starting and stopping the car 10 times. Be careful doing that though.
I updated my entertainment system myself. Shortly after that, I got the Service Engine Soon (or whatever it is called). I asked OnStar to scan the code and they found P0AA1 (something about propulsion system) and strongly suggested I take the car to the dealer right away. I was reluctant after the DYI firmware upgrade, so tried the on/off sequence and that did not seem to work. I went to the dealer, tried one more time and the code cleared, so I left. The code did not reappear. A few days later, I got my recall for the various firmware upgrades so took the car in and asked them to check that code at the same time.
P0AA1 indicated the high voltage contactor was faulty. A failure of that contactor (relay) will brick the car. Replacing that relay involves dropping the traction battery, draining the coolant, removing the top cover and a bunch of connectors/wiring before it can be removed and reassembled. It is the main relay between battery and motor. Given dealer inexperience and lack of proper high-voltage tools and a battery lift (see the YouTube video re dismantling the battery), this took 15 days!
This may have been a glitch since the code never reappeared but I would not want dead on the road with a failed contactor because I ignored the code.

·
Registered
6,064 Posts
Elm237 devices might be compatible with iOS by now, but I'm not sure. Anyone with an Android device should have one though, as they only cost something like $5. Friends repeatedly ask to borrow mine, which seems crazy when they could just spend the $5 and 2min to buy one on Amazon or Ebay.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Elm237 devices might be compatible with iOS by now, but I'm not sure. Anyone with an Android device should have one though, as they only cost something like $5. Friends repeatedly ask to borrow mine, which seems crazy when they could just spend the $5 and 2min to buy one on Amazon or Ebay.
I gota $5 one and it never worked.... actually I ordered two on the same order, one for each car and neither worked. I went back and punted and spent $12 on one of the ELM327 units and it works great. Those Ebay folks are glad to sell you defective units for $5!

·
Registered
11 Posts
i use LeLink version 2 (the more recent one) with iOS and an iPhone and it is working pretty well. Bonus, this hardware have an automatic standby mode and cut itself from draining the 12Volt battery when not in use. The app is Engine Link on the Apple App Store.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.