Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

New to the site, are you able to heat or cool the interior of the Bolt while plugged in?
Also can this be set to come on before a morning commute?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Hello,

New to the site, are you able to heat or cool the interior of the Bolt while plugged in?

Thanks!
Absolutely! Best way to do it if you live where it's either super hot or cold. Welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Hello, New to the site, are you able to heat or cool the interior of the Bolt while plugged in?
Thanks!
You will see/hear the term “preconditioning” which is air conditioning (heating OR cooling) before you get in the car. The best way to do this is when plugged in, so that you use grid electrons rather than (range reducing) battery electrons.

·
Registered
989 Posts
I live in CA and have yet to use the HVAC system.
I prefer to use the heated seat and steering wheel :nerd:

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Also, the preconditioning period lasts 20 minutes the first time you initiate it. If you wait another minute into a preconditioning period and initiate another precondition request, you tack on an additional 20 minutes for a total of 40 minutes of preconditioning. You can only do 2 precondition requests between turning the car on/off from the power button on your dash.

For the Gen 2 Volt, it was limited to 10 minute periods only (total of 20 minutes of preconditioning).

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Since the title of this thread is "Climate", it's only slightly OT, but does it irrationally bother anyone else that the Climate "score" is penalized to the max for living where it's really cold? Yes, we all know all the downsides of the frozen north, but this is the first time my car has had a visible minus in the total score. I knew from forty years of observation I was getting lower ICE fuel mileage from all those wintertime cold starts, but somehow the Bolts -5 on the scorecard makes it more onerous.

jack vines

·
Registered
989 Posts
Since the title of this thread is "Climate", it's only slightly OT, but does it irrationally bother anyone else that the Climate "score" is penalized to the max for living where it's really cold? Yes, we all know all the downsides of the frozen north, but this is the first time my car has had a visible minus in the total score. I knew from forty years of observation I was getting lower ICE fuel mileage from all those wintertime cold starts, but somehow the Bolts -5 on the scorecard makes it more onerous.

jack vines
LOL!!!!! Just don't look at that screen ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts