Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I'm trying to figure out if there are any advantages on buying the HCS-40P over the Amazing-E FAST that would make it cost >$100 more.
Product comparison wasn't helpful, other than to show that HCS-40P is heavier and bulkier...
For reference, these are the links:

·
Registered
34 Posts
HCS-40P has the fancy impact resistant cover with cable storage and is built in 'Merica. I believe both have the same warranty.

It would not surprise me if you cracked them open, they would have the same guts. Both are dumb units.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HCS-40P has the fancy impact resistant cover with cable storage and is built in 'Merica. I believe both have the same warranty.

It would not surprise me if you cracked them open, they would have the same guts. Both are dumb units.
Yep. In this case dumb is ok. The car has the smarts :)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Well, as you started to mention the HCS is heavier and bulky. The plug in version of the AmazingE is now your portable charger if you go somewhere with known 240 40+ amp circuit like a relative’s house. If I needed a 32 amp plug in the AmazingE would be my obvious choice for this reason alone.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Talked to one of their representatives to confirm the differences are only in the outer shell and ended up ordering the AmazingE Fast, since there was no upside (at least for me) to the HCS. (y)

·
Registered
426 Posts

Yep, probably the same guts inside. I'd go for the cheaper one since it's more portable but I'd also order the cable wrap and holster, which I believe the more expensive one comes with.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts