Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be taking my 2017 LT on a long camping toad trip from the Canadian west coast to the Canadian East coast 5000 miles (8000km), then back through the US, either the midwest or following the Eastern Seaboard down to the Gulf of Mexico (assuming my spouse dosen't desert me along the way.) in June and July 2020.

I have started a blog and Youtube channel to informally document my ancedotal trip planning and just basic Chev Bolt observations. Www.coast2coastev.ca and coast2coastev on YouTube.

Happy to chat with anyone who has done or is planning a similiar trip.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I had already subscribed to your YouTube channel and I'm looking forward to your future road trip videos.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Great. Thanks! I have a few in the works about all things Chevy Bolt to practice for my trip.
The only thing you have to practice is to know if you can make it or not to the next charging station, IMHO. A Bolt EV in long trips does in average 82-84 km/h average speed (time of the charging included).

·
Registered
179 Posts
So we’re gonna see detailed information about how many miles driven each leg, how the battery responded, how long recharging took, cost of recharging, etc?

Are you gonna pre-weigh your cargo? I assume you’ll have the back seats folded flat with all your “stuff” back there ... including a spare tire?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Congratulations and best of luck! I hope you can execute your plans given the current state of the world. A trip across Canada is on my list of things that I’d love to do, and I’m looking forward to hearing your plans and your experiences.

My wife and I have taken our 2017 Bolt on trips from our home near Boston to Nova Scotia (2017), southern California (2018) and the east coast of Florida (2019) and can share stories about our experiences traveling, charging, camping, etc. Feel free to reach out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts