Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently observed quite a noticeable flow of very cold air coming out of the cell phone charging "pocket" (as the manual calls it). I can see the logic of having a wee bit of cooling air coming through there so as to keep a charging phone from overheating but the amount that I'm observing is really excessive, at least at ambient temps of below freezing. I haven't thought to note whether it occurs on my Bolt only at speed or anytime. The manual makes no mention of any intentional cooling aspect.

Is this just some sort of a defect with my car or have others noticed the same?

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
mine appears to be sealed by the rubber insert. have never felt anything. doesn't mean that it isn't there. these things might only be noticeable after attention is drawn to them. I'll remember to check the next time I drive.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
The rubber sleeve doesn't have any holes in it, so it doesn't seem to me like there would be any way for air to come out unless you remove it.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I recently observed quite a noticeable flow of very cold air coming out of the cell phone charging "pocket" (as the manual calls it). I can see the logic of having a wee bit of cooling air coming through there so as to keep a charging phone from overheating but the amount that I'm observing is really excessive, at least at ambient temps of below freezing. I haven't thought to note whether it occurs on my Bolt only at speed or anytime. The manual makes no mention of any intentional cooling aspect.

Is this just some sort of a defect with my car or have others noticed the same?
This happens on mine too. I took the insert out so that my iphone 7plus would fit.

Early on I 3D printed a base that fits in the slot to make a dock for my phone. Now that it is cold out, I feel cold air coming in. I believe the worst culprit is the little punch holes on the passenger side of the slot. I plan to put a piece of electrical tape over them and have designed (yet to print) a new cap for the slot, to close it in significantly and reduce airflow through the pocket.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts